Search for content in message boards

GIAMPOLOS of St. Paul

GIAMPOLOS of St. Paul

Sonja Lende (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2000 8:16AM GMT
Want to reach Rosemarie ("Dotsie" as a child)and Diana Giampolo. Their parents were Mary Ullmann and Michael Giampolo. Louis Ullmann, Mary's brother was the grandfather I never knew. I am Jean's daughter and Margaret McCollum Ullmann Rhone is my grandmother. My mother, sister (Kim) and I visted Rosemarie a couple of years after Mary's death. We are unable to find a phone number as we can't remember your married names. We all want to see you again. Any one knowing these people, contact Sonja.... terno@gateway.net

Re: GIAMPOLOS and Ullmanns of St. Paul

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ullmann, Giampolo, Habele, Jungbauer, Bayer, Payer, Hofbauer
This message was mine. I am confused about the names and relationships. Mary was an Ullmann, sister to my grandfather, Louis Ullmann. I think she married twice. I don't know if she married the Giampolo first or last. The daughters, Rosemarie and Diane or Diana may have had different last names. I met one of the girls once. Diane/Diana? She had a son named Scott...don't recall her married name. My sister and Grandma had the info but lost it.

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2013 12:59AM GMT
Is this your Ullmann family?

Giampolo, Diana Mae
Date of Birth: 23 Feb 1933
Mother Maiden Name: Ullmann
certid# 1933-40207
County of Birth: Ramsey, Minnesota

Back in an edit: in 1930 US Census, Michael (born about 1908) and Mary Giampolo are indexed on Ancestry.com as GIAMPAOLA. Daughter Rose Giampolo is born in about 1930.

Back again in another edit: Here is Rose's birth record, indexed on Minnesota Historical Society website.

GIAMPAOLO, ROSE MARIE
Date of Birth: 14 SEP 1929
Mother Maiden Name: ULLMAN
CERTID# 1929-44682
County of Birth: RAMSEY

So both girls are born with the surname Giampaolo/Giampolo.

...and now back with this:
Event: Birth. David John R---- Date: 06 Mar 1956. Event Place: Ramsey, Minnesota. Father's Name: John Rudnick. Mother's Name: Rose Marie Giampaolo. File Number: 1956-MN

from Tributes.com: John Rudnick was born on January 18, 1926 and passed away on Saturday, February 6, 2010. See also Find a Grave website.

...and now back yet again, with sad news:

RUDNICK, ROSE MARIE was born 14 Sep 1929 in MINNESOTA (child of ULLMAN (mother)) died 13 May 1995 in HENNEPIN COUNTY, MINNESOTA, U.S.A.

Find a Grave memorial:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Ru...;

================================================

Attached image emigration and immigration records
EMIGRATION RECORD from Hamburger Passagierlisten
Departing Hamburg 11 May 1893
Ship Name: Normannia
Captain: Hebich
Shipping Line: Hamburg-Amerikanische Packetfahrt-Actien-Gesellschaft
Ship Type: Dampfschiff
Accommodation: Zwischendeck
Ship Flag: Deutschland
Passenger: Ferd.d Ullmann, age 50, born about 1843, male
Residence: Heritz, Böhmen
Port of Arrival: New York
Volume: 373-7 I, VIII A 1 Band 084 A
Page: 480
Microfilm Roll Number: K_1749

IMMIGRATION RECORD from New York, Passenger Lists
Name: Franz Ullmann
Arrival Date: 19 May 1893
Birth Date: abt 1867
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Bohemian
Port of Departure: Hamburg
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Normannia

I've listed only one individual, above, in the EMIGRATION and IMMIGRATION records, but the full record shows this is a family traveling together:

Ferd. Ullmann born about 1843
Agnes Ullmann b abt 1843
Franz Ullmann b abt 1867
Adalbert Ullmann b abt 1869
Hedwig Ullmann b abt 1876
Josef Ullmann b abt 1883
Maria Ullmann b abt 1886

MARRIAGE
Name: Frank Ullman
Marriage Date: 1 Mar 1897
Marriage Place: St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Spouse's Name: Mathilda Hofbauer
Spouse Gender: Female
Event Type: Marriage
FHL Film Number: 1313329

St. Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Frank Ullmann 33 born Dec 1866 in Austria, to USA 1893 (hard to read the year), cutter at shoe factory
Thilie Ullmann 32 born March 1868 in Austria, married 1897, to USA 1882
Frank Ullmann 2

on the same census page in 1900 is:
Ferdinand Ullmann 54 born April 1846 in Austria
Agnes Ullmann 54 born December 1845 in Austria
Joseph b March 1879 Austria
Mary b Aug 1882 in Austria

-----------------
Frank Ullmann 40 b abt 1870 Germany to USA 1890
Tillie Ullmann 36 b abt 1874 Germany to USA 1895
Frank Ullmann 12
Albert Ullmann 9
Agnes Ullmann 7
Edward Ullmann 5
Louis Ullmann 3
Mary Ullmann 1

-------------------
Frank Ullmann 54
Lillie Ullmann 44
Agnes Ullmann 17
Edward Ullmann 14
Louis Ullmann 13
Mary Ullmann 10
Joseph Ullmann 6
Adolph Ullmann 4 years 2 months

Tillie Ulman 69 widow
Edward Ulman 33
Agnes Ulman 25
Adolph Ulman 22
Joseph Ulman 20

Find a Grave memorial:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Gi...;

--I'm a volunteer, not related
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2013 1:34AM GMT
Attached: Close up of the emigrating family (departing Hamburg, Germany) noting their place of origin (Hertz, Bohemia? hard to read). The immigration record (arriving New York) is clearer. "Your" Frank would be Franz on this record - presuming that his proximity to Ferdinand and Agnes Ullmann in the census shows he is their son. This would need to be proved by a death record etc. Perhaps you've already got all that.

Another researcher of this family:
http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/surnames.ullmann/5/mb.ashx
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: ULLMANN, HOFBAUER, GIAMPOLO, JUNGBAUER, PAYER, BAYER
Yes, I am aware of this. It is Horitz (German) now Horice na Sumave, Czech Republic. You are correct. It is Ferdinand>Franz>Frank ULLMANN. Maternal lines are Jungbauer, Hofbauer, Shingledecker. The other researcher you mentioned was me under a former user name and e-mail. (Is there a way to merge old identities with new?) At the time, I was going on some erroneous information that I got from a relative I met once and lost track of. I do not know the relative's (Diane, daughter of Mary ULLMANN) married name to find her again. The son of Frank was my grandfatherm Louis Ullmann and his sister Mary Ullmann was the one that married the Giampolo. I think was married before that though, and the daughters I seek, Rosemary and Diane, would therefore be listed under a different maiden name than Giampolo. I have been unable to locate my grandfather on the 1930 census and I can't find his sister Mary on either the 1930 or 1940 census. The immigrant Hofbauers were married to Payer or Bayer. I have seen clusters of all of these surnames together on the census and and trying to discern all the relationships.

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: ULLMANN, HOFBAUER, GIAMPOLO, JUNGBAUER, PAYER, BAYER
Yes, I am aware of this. It is Horitz (German) now Horice na Sumave, Czech Republic. You are correct. It is Ferdinand>Franz>Frank ULLMANN. Maternal lines are Jungbauer, Hofbauer, Shingledecker. The other researcher you mentioned was me under a former user name and e-mail. (Is there a way to merge old identities with new?) At the time, I was going on some erroneous information that I got from a relative I met once and lost track of. I do not know the relative's (Diane, daughter of Mary ULLMANN) married name to find her again. The son of Frank was my grandfatherm Louis Ullmann and his sister Mary Ullmann was the one that married the Giampolo. I think was married before that though, and the daughters I seek, Rosemary and Diane, would therefore be listed under a different maiden name than Giampolo. I have been unable to locate my grandfather on the 1930 census and I can't find his sister Mary on either the 1930 or 1940 census. The immigrant Hofbauers were married to Payer or Bayer. I have seen clusters of all of these surnames together on the census and and trying to discern all the relationships.

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 8:36PM GMT
wOW! Thanks! I didn't see this post first.This is amazing. This should help a lot. I really appreciate it! It has been hard because my mom didn't know her dad or his side of the family.

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2013 1:55PM GMT
Oh good - glad it helps! Yay! For 1930 census for Mary, look in Ramsey County, Minnesota for "Michael Giampaola" b 1908 and Mary Giampaola. For 1930 census for Louis, check out "Louis Ulman" in Washington County, Minnesota.

About this comment of yours: "The other researcher you mentioned was me under a former user name and e-mail."

I posted the link because you had posted an orphan query. That is, you had replies to your opening query from another researcher of this family, but you made no posts after your opening query, so it seemed you had never stopped back and found your messages and connected with the other researcher. Hence the link guiding you back to that spot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions