Search for content in message boards

Sufflenheim

Sufflenheim

Skip Merkel (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kieffer
Searching for information on family of Joseph Kieffer of Sufflenheim.

Voegele from Soufflenheim

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2001 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: Voegele, Mueller, Goetz
Is that Waterloo County Iowa? Do you know if these names came from Soufflenheim?

My gg-grandfather and his father, both named Joseph Voegele, emigrated from Soufflenheim Alsace to Erie County NY in the 1840's. Their mothers' maiden names were Goetz and Mueller. All of these were popular surnames in Soufflenheim.

Soufflenheim

Diane Strickler (View posts)
Surnames: Kiefer, Voegele, Goetz, Muller
All these names have settled here in Maryhill formerly New Germany in Waterloo County. If I can help please let me know. They would have come in the 1830's.

Soufflenheim

Edited: 2 Nov 2001 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: Voegele, Muller, Goetz
I've been looking at Soufflenheim microfilm records for the last few weeks at the LDS Family History Center. There are lots of Kieffers, and plenty of Josephs too. The microfilm includes what I think might be a 1771 census (I haven't translated it yet), and it lists three Joseph Kieffers. Kieffer is not a name I am searching for, but if you have a birthdate for your Joseph Kieffer and it's in the range where I'm looking, I'll make a copy of his record for you if I come across it.

Sufflenheim

Skip Merkel (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Brian,
Thank you for your kind offer of assistance. I don't have a birthdate for Joseph Kieffer but think it must fall between 1830 - 1860. All I know is that he was married to Monika Hass and that my grandfather Eugene Kieffer did not immigrate until after their deaths. He immigrated in 1902. This might not fall in the area you are researching but any help would be appreciated!
Skip Merkel

Voegele family name

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have 8 Voegele / Vogel / Fogel / Vaegele families listed here in Maryhill (New Germany), Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada. 1) Gabriel & Marianna Vogel 2) John George & Magdalena Vogel 3) Anton Baumann & Agnes Vogel 4) Januarie & Magdalena Vogel 5) Ignatus & Magdalena Vogel 6) Anton Kocher & Magdalena Vogel 7) John & Joanna Vogel 8) Mathias Brohmann & Magdalena Voegele

Kieffer

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Would any of your ancestors end up in Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada?

Kiefer

Posted: 17 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
If you find any of them did indeed come to Canada just let me know.

Sufflenheim - Kieffer

Skip Merkel (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Daer Diane;
I don't belive that any of my ancestors ended up in Canada although I'm not 100% sure. My Granfather came over from Sufflenheim in 1910 and remained in the St. Louis, Missouri area all of his life. None of his descendants live in Canada. Could any of his relatives gone to Canada? Very possible, I just haven't been able to research to that point yet.

Skip Merkel

Kieffer in St. Louis

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2003 6:22PM GMT
Dear Diane, I was born in St.Louis 76 years ago. My Kieffers
moved to small towns before the Civil War. We seem to move every gerneration so it
is hard to track. In my search I found one in Perce,Canada,
beautiful place but unfortunately not a member of my branch.
Don't give up. There are two spellings and two different
families...one f and two ff's. Try War Records and search surnames with no states or provinces listed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic