Search for content in message boards

SYRACUSE - OLD NEWSPAPERS

SYRACUSE - OLD NEWSPAPERS

Posted: 6 May 2013 7:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Various
Can anyone recommend a free searchable website for old Syracuse Area newspapers? I use www.FultonHistory.com a lot but it doesn't seem to have much of the 20th century. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SYRACUSE - OLD NEWSPAPERS

Posted: 18 May 2013 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2013 2:31AM GMT
try usgenweb.com for new york or,50states.com list for online NY papers or newslibrary.com this is newer articles

good luck

Posted: 18 May 2013 5:07PM GMT
On Ancestry
Go to search
scroll to New York State Database
NY Newspapers

There are several Syracuse papers including the Post Standard and Syracuse Herald

Kathy

Posted: 18 May 2013 5:47PM GMT
Thanks so much for the suggestions.
Scott

Posted: 18 May 2013 5:59PM GMT
good suggestion kathy,

I always assume anyone that uses Ancestry knows there are also newspapers available here on Ancestry, might not always be the case, sometimes I forget myself when I am looking all over the place, wish they had more for the Albany and greene county area

Posted: 18 May 2013 6:11PM GMT
Thanks Judy. I've rarely searched in that direction in my general searches for individuals because it brings up so many mismatches. Starting the way you suggest makes more sense and will give me the opportunity to narrow my searches. I'm assuming you've used the Old Fulton Postcards website for newspaper searches as well?

Thanks again,
Scott

Posted: 18 May 2013 8:33PM GMT
I also use the fultonhistory site daily. I live in Saratoga County and the end of April several newspapers from Saratoga County were added. I have found so much information and obits. My husband and my family have both been in Saratoga County since the revolution so I have many, many names to check.

Kathy

Posted: 18 May 2013 8:53PM GMT
I also have found old fulton to be very useful. Except for one person I have been searching for forever, you would think she didnt exist, many of my relatives have shown up there.

Judy

Posted: 18 May 2013 8:56PM GMT
your welcome Scott,
its always good to have multiply places to look

yes I use Oldfulton alot, many of my relatives have been found there.

Judy

Posted: 18 May 2013 9:46PM GMT
Who are you looking for?

You mentioned Albany County. Here is a newspaper site for the Altamont area

http://historicnewspapers.guilpl.org/

Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions