Search for content in message boards

Holy Sepulchre - Philadelphia

Holy Sepulchre - Philadelphia

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 2:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if anyone could offer help with this. I have a relative who was born and died between census records and I cannot find her. Her family has a plot at Holy Sepulchre in Philadelphia and I live too far away to visit, but when I called they could not find a record of her being buried there. The family plot is one that has several people buried on top of one another. She died in 1906 as a small child. Were children often buried without being recognized?

Re: Holy Sepulchre - Philadelphia

Posted: 4 Mar 2008 5:37AM GMT
not sure about children, but sometime infants names weren't recognized. They might just same the mothers name and infant male, or baby girl SURNAME. Holy Sepulchre is run by the arch diocese of Phila., and I find the record good, but hard to retrieve from them unless you know what they have already. Give it another try? AM going to reach, but their might be an issue too with rites of catholics as to how much recognition is paid, the year (how long ago may affect how strict they were), and cost to family. Some phila cemeteries are very forthcoming, some are not. This one is an active cemetery.

Posted: 3 May 2008 11:42PM GMT
What was the child's name and the name of her parents?

Posted: 5 May 2008 2:45PM GMT
The child's name is Julie or Julia Haber - her parents were Andrew Joseph Haber and Katherine Haber. Julia died about 1906 - I am under the impression that there is another Julia buried at the site who was the wife of one of Andrew's other children, but she died much later.

Posted: 5 May 2008 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Jul 2008 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Haber, Klinger
I did find an obit in the Inquirer that I think may be the correct one.

Philadelphia Inquirer - June 14, 1902, page 15.
HABER - on June 12, 1902 - Elizabeth Julia, beloved daughter of Andrew and Katie Haber (nee Klinger) aged 4 years and 9 months. Funeral on Saturday afternoon at 1 o'clock from 2443 Neff Street. Funeral at Our Lady Help of Christians Church. Intrerment at Most Holy Redeemer Cemetery.

Hope that helps.

Posted: 5 May 2008 7:23PM GMT
Thank you so much for this information! This is the person I was looking for (mother's maiden name was Klinger) I truly appreciate it - I was under the impression that she was older when she died.

Posted: 5 May 2008 7:52PM GMT
You are welcome.

Sometimes just one little lead can really help.

Good luck with the rest of your search

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 10:25AM GMT
I have relatives in that cemetary and I've been there. Some of the woman died giving birth, and were burried with the baby unnamed. The woman who works there has a bitter temper, so you can't call her too many times. What are the names you are looking for? If I get there anytime soon I'll make a note to look them up. They've given me the plot purchase records with each burried persons names/death dates. email me m.woolston@verizon.net Michelle

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 1:47AM GMT
Go to www.pilot.familysearch.org for the death cert.

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 3:26PM GMT
Is there an online database of the Inky? Nice find cts166!

Mike
mt7676@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions