Search for content in message boards

kimbell

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: kimbell
I am looking for info on Benjamin Franklin Kimbell. His family originated in Georgia and came to Louisiana. They lived in a town my dad refers to as "Kimbell Town", which I believe is now probably Summerfield, Louisiana. Benjamin worked at the cotton gin there. In December of 1918, he fell into the cotton gin and died. I am looking for any info on his family.

Re: kimbell

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2002 5:35AM GMT
I have some information on B.F. Kimball. Are you inquiring about B.F. Kimbell, Jr. or Sr.? The family is listed in the 1870 Fed Census. Email me privately and I will be happy to give you all the information I have found to date. They had a boat load of kids, I can't remember if they were in Summerfield or Lisbon, my documents are at home.

Also, Ben F. Kimbell and his wife Fannie are listed in a book of cemetery listings I located at the Union Parish Library. They are buried at Alabama-Weldon Cemetery in Union Parish, LA.

B.F. Kimbell, Sr. - b. Apr 9, 1828 and died Apr 3, 1889
Fannie A. Kimbell - b. Oct 1, 1832 and died Aug 4, 1898

I now see by the dates that you are referring to Jr. I also have a few Land Deeds I located at the Claiborne Parish County Clerk's Office for B.F. Franklin.

Jerry
4everhope@home.com
Posted: 5 Jun 2004 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: kimbell
In any of your records is there a Mildred & Joesphine Kimbell?

Posted: 16 Feb 2008 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Kimbell
I have information on the Benjamin Franklin Kimbell family of Claiborne Parish. Kimbelltown is actually now called Sharon - a community on Hwy. 152 near hwy. 2 in the parish, not Summerfield. I live on Kimbell land and B. F. Kimbell Sr. was my husband's great great (?) grandfather through his daughter Ann Eliza. I would like to have more family info and add my husband's to the list.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 2:04AM GMT
Thank y'all for providing the info on where this old town was located. I've been curious about where Kimbell town was since a friend of mine, Cortez Lawrence, who is in her 90's and lives on the south side of Bernice was telling me a story and said something about "here in Kimbell town." By y'all's description and knowing where she lives, I think this was an area between Lisbon, Bernice and Dubach stretching east towards hwy 167. Thanks again, this is very interesting.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 5:13AM GMT
Kimbletown is now known as Sharon which is located on Hwy.. 152 in Claiborne Parish. Sharon Baptist Chorch and Cemetery is located there. Cortez is also a friend of mine.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: Kimbell, Mitchell, Clements
Do any of you have William D. Kimbell (1805-1878), his wife Judith C. Mitchell (1833-1910) and their daughter, Mahalia Frances Kimbell (1852-1937) married to Benjamin Taylor Clements in your line?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 8:38AM GMT
Wow, small world! I bet you know my grandmother, ChiChi Grafton, as well then.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions