Search for content in message boards

Sladky/Anderle Descendants

Sladky/Anderle Descendants

Ron Flemal (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderle, Hallada, Hynek, Skadky, Spevacek
I am seeking individuals to share information regarding John Sladky (1844-1914) and Mary Anderle Sladky (1845-1944) and their descendants. John and Mary were born in Bohemia and immigrated to the U.S. ca. 1860. They settled in Cooperstown Township, Manitowoc County. They are buried in St. Wenceslaus Cemetery, Greenstreet.

John and Mary had at least one son, Frank Sladky (1868-1961), who married Mary Hynek (1874-1949); they raised a family of six daughters, including my grandmother, Emma Sladky Spevacek (1895-1975). John and Mary also had at least one daughter, Emma Sladky (1883-1976), who married Vincent Hallada (1881-1945).

Anderle, Hallada, Sladky, Cherney, Novy, Zima, Havlinek, Trochil, Schultz, Koupelik

Pamela Schenian (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anderle, Hallada, Sladky, Zima, Schultz, Novy, Havlinek, Trochil, Cherney, Koupelik, Schweiner
The names Anderle, Hallada, and Sladky appear in several areas in my family tree among Manitowoc Co., WI, relatives. My sister is married to a descendent of George Cherney (b. ca. 1830, Babylon, Domazlice, Bohemia), and Maria Koupelik (b. ca. 1834, Spanow, Domazlice, Bohemia). A daughter of George and Maria, Barbara Cherney (b. 1862) married a Hallada. Anna Anderle (b. 1857, Bohemia) m. Joseph Schweiner (b. 1856 Bohemia), who are the grandparents of one of my mother's brother-in-laws, William Schweiner. Wencil Sladky m. Anna Novy, daughter of Joseph Novy (b. 1840 Zwioun, Okr. Melnik, Bohemia) and Maria Schultz, who are my father's mother's ggparents. Wencil and Anna had Joseph Sladky (b. 1890) who married Mamie Havlinek. Joseph and Mamie had Clarence Joseph Sladky and Edward Sladky. Edward married Blanch Trochil in 1927. Frances Zima, a cousin of some sort to William Schweiner, also married a Sladky.

ANDERLE, HALLADA, SLADKY

Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: SLADKY

A number of Sladky families immigrated to Manitowoc and Kewaunee Counties from Bohemia during the 1850s. By 1880 there were nine different Sladky farmsteads in the two counties. I am not sure if or how the several families are related. Perhaps someone has done research on the record from Bohemia that will help sort this out.

Sladky Surname

Roy Stefferud (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sladky, Slatky, Slite, Machacek
Racine Co WI & Milwaukee Co WI

I am researching the Sladky/Slatky surname in Racine and Milwaukee counties. I've gotten back to James Sladky, b.1964 in Milwaukee who married Mary Machacek. James' parents were John Slatky and Margaret Slite, both born in Bohemia. I believe that Margaret and John Slatky had another son named Matt.

sladky

kerstin halterman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sladky, reichert, zupp
I am looking for siblings of Franz-Georg Sladky, born 11/13/19 in Leierwinker,czech. He died shortly after I was born and I would like to find any kind of family there is. My grandfather got married 12/12/42 in Lebach, Germany to my grandmother Anna Reichert. They had 7 children, 5 of which are still alive. I am the daughter of Franz-Georg's oldest son Edwin Sladky. I was born in Germany and just a few years ago came to the US. I have no other information of my grandfathers others than that he lived from 11/13/19 to 4/23/73.

Sladkey

Martha Geiszler (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sladkey, Sladky, Quigley, Fish, Geiszler, Yench, Hejda, Rasmussen
I have been looking for the Sladkey family and the Quigley family.
My mother, Charlotte Marie Sladkey had many Sladkey relatives in Manitowok Co Wi. We have traced our ancestors back to Jan Kozina Sladkey (1648) in Ujedza.

My great great grandfather was Matt Sladkey (he added the "e").He was born in Domazlice where he married Barbara Varankov.They had a farm in Cooperstown, WI. They had 7 children. Joseph(married Anna Hejda 1882), Anna,Theresa(married John Yench 2/12/1896),Matthew(died 1969),John married to Rose(died 1957),and Adelia(died 1966) who married Alfred Rasmussen.

My grandfather was Edwin W. Sladkey (3/13/1888-8/1979). He grew up on a farm in I believe Rosecrans, WI. I have heard that this farm is still in the Sladkey name.

Re: Sladkey

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2003 10:14AM GMT
Greetings,

I read where you have your ancesters traced back to Jan Kozina Sladkey. It appears that your most of your work is on the Sladkey family. Do you have any information on the Kozina's? If you do, I would be quite interested in any information you have.

My g.g.g.grandfather was Thomas Kozina (?1825-1909) who was married to Mary Fokltanc (Vogeltanz is modern spelling). They came from the area right around Domazlice and settled south of Stangelville. If you would have any information on the Kozina family, or could tell me where to look - I would greatly appreciate it.

I do have a g.aunt Mary Valenta (1912-1983) who was married to John Sladkey (7-9-07 to 5-86). John was the son of John Sladkey and Rose Snorek. If this is related to you, let me know at my regular e-mail address (wisstein@netnet.net), and I will give you what I have.

Have a Great Day,

Jim

Re: Sladkey

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Sladkey
Jim,

Please note my new e-mail address. As to your question regarding the surname Kozina, I am going to check my files and see what I have.

This is very interesting. Please give me a little time as I am going out of town for several days.

Martha

Re: Anderle, Hallada, Sladky, Cherney, Novy, Zima, Havlinek, Trochil, Schultz, Koupelik

Tom (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2002 9:12PM GMT
Do you have any information on a Wencl Andrle. He lived in Franklin Township, Manitowoc County, WI. The Franklin Plat map from 1878 shows he had a 30 acre farm in section 3. The 1872 and the 1893 plat maps show different owners of his farm.

He was a witness to my g-grandfather's wedding. I am trying to determine when my g-grandfather emigrated. He was born in Cernikov, Bohemia in 1850. The 1900 census indicates he emigrated in 1860, which would make him 10 years old at the time.

Since, it appears he and Wencl were friends, I am wondering if my g-gandfather emigrated with Wencl's family.

Thankis.....Tom

Re: Anderle, Hallada, Sladky, Cherney, Novy, Zima, Havlinek, Trochil, Schultz, Koupelik

Posted: 25 May 2002 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2004 3:34PM GMT
Hello Tom, I see the clan of Sladky is large. My wife is a descendant of brother of Jan Sladky alias Kozina, geat man of Chodsko history. Families with surnames Anderle, Halada, Sladky, Cerny, Novy, Zima lived and till this time live in Domazlice area in southwest Bohemia. Cernikov is a small village in same area. Family Spevacek lived in Liblin village by Plzen. I have done a fomily tree for a Spevacek descendants in USA. Tonyk.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions