Abruzzo

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
This post was deleted by the author on 20 Mar 2013 9:43PM GMT

Re: Abruzzo

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 7:35AM GMT
Not sure what you are asking ...

Can you give us some information as to what you are looking for..

Maybe we can help further..

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2013 10:46AM GMT
Surnames: Altobelli, Finacola
My grandparents on my fathers side are a mystery to me. I know my Grandfather was born in Abruzzo I think in the town of Paganno not sure of spelling. Looking to find info on birth and their marraige, His bride was Madelanine Finacolla
what else do you need. thanks for the help Madelane Reagan

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:37AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2013 3:55AM GMT
Hi Madelane,

Best to complete your American-Italian family history before researching Italian records.

Have you been able to locate his passenger list?

There are a few towns that sound like "Paganno" .. but again, best to locate American documents first.

Census records could indicate the year of immigration.. year of birth.. whether he married here.. there etc..

Naturalization, death record documents are also helpful...

Look forward to your reply.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:46AM GMT

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 1:04AM GMT
thanks for the info. My grandfather Paulo Altobelli was born In Italy 1864. He came to America in 1902 but he may have come several times.His wifes name was Madelaine Finacola. I have records that he was with his wife in Penn in 1915, that was when my father Albert was born. I really need Italian records so I can find his parents and where they were married.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 11:57PM GMT
madelane
i see paolo altobelli in 1902 and again coming in 1911 with son tommaso? 13y old.in 1902 he says coming from paganica but in 1911 he says residence is camarda.camarda is just north of paganica.he gives camarda l'aquila abruzzo as his place of birth.
now i tried to fine finicola in abruzzo but its not there!
so,on ellis isl.site under variant spelling is feinicola maddalena(altobelli).maddalena arrived on s.s.duca degli abruzzi to port of ny on 2 dec.1914.born ca.1873.she is coming from camarda and says she is born camarda.with her is a son dionisio altobelli,15y and daughter maria altobelli
9y.so,thats all i can help you with but camarda is their hometown.some manifests list camarde but its camarda!good luck.....walt

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 3:55PM GMT
thank you. Do you know what the sons name means in english?
I know their was a Daniel could that be it ? I am going to do a family serch at Italian roots, do you know anything about that grou? Thank you Madelane

I know their was a Daniel could that be it ? I am going to do a family serch at Italian roots, do you know anything about that grou? Thank you Madelane

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions