Search for content in message boards

william barrett travis

william barrett travis

Posted: 5 Apr 2000 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:39PM GMT
just going thru some papers a relative gave my grandfather 20 tears ago.William Barrett was apparently a relative of CPT John Clemmons my gggrandfather.I have 6 pages of who married who and bits and pieces of where they came from.I think they were trying to state facts for DAR,Sons of the Union,and other associations as they keep going back to who served where and when.Anyhow,William Barrett Travis was born (according to my records in Conecuh County,Alabama in 1811.Died at the Alamo 1836.Admitted to the BAR in 1830,practiced in Claiborne,Al until he moved to Texas in 1832.My gguncle was apparently named after him "Travis Clemmons"
I don't know where all these places in Alabama are but maybe they'll help in your search.

William Barret Travis

Lynda Holland (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 8:05PM GMT
Do you have a scanner? I'd really love to see
what you found. DOB doesn't agree with a
documentary page I found. Wouldn't be the
first time something was misprinted. You can
e-mail me at: crazywolf4@earthlink.net.
Thanks, Lynda

william barrett travis

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 10:53AM GMT
Understand some of the info on my sheets may have been enhanced to make relationship to above . Guess most historians already know from whence he came. Wish I did. Was it Alabama or South Carolina ? Who were his parents? Anybody have a Phoebe Travis in their records? Whether they're connected or not, Phoebe is My ancestor and it's really her parents I'm interested in. Thanks

Travis

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 7:28PM GMT
Hey, don't feel bad I've honestly learned more
history since I started this than ever in school.
What's really sad is, I started getting this
together so my grandchildren would have a
complete record of the family. I've got a ton
of Travis material! Will look for Phoebe, a
year of birth would be helpful. Do you have a
state? How much do you want to know about
William Barrett Travis? Born 1 Aug 1809 to
Barrett Travis Ann Smallwood in South Carolina.
He was the oldest of 6 children. Married
Rosanna Cato in 1828, had son, Charles Edward
Travis in 1829. He left wife, son and unborn
daughter, arrived in Texas 1931. I've been very
busy!!! If you prefer you can e-mail me at:
crazywolf4@earthlink.net
Hope I can help. You don't by any chance have
any Travis' in Ark. do you? Have huge gap in
my husband's family.

TRAVIS , Phobe born abt.1770-1775

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 9:48PM GMT
My only guess is the date stated above. She is the only ancestor without any dates on the sheet that was passed down to me on "The Clemmons Family Hisory" ,other than the 1st John Clemmons' father Zach.I only know that John and Phoebe's children were born in the southern Ohio area. Sorry I have no more to tell. my direct e-mail is trouble@neo.rr.com.

william barrett travis

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 9:54PM GMT
As for William B i was just trying to find out if there was a connection there as for some reason there was a paragraph about him kind of stuck in for no reason like the "researcher" was trying to support a relationship to him. Obviously Phoebe would have been older. The dates I guessed at for her are based on his birthdate. Even if she were 20 years younger than John phoebe would still have been older than William B.

william barrett travis

bob keen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 9:32AM GMT
william barrett travis br. augest 1809 edgefieldco. sc. the son of mark travis and jemima stalworth died march6th 1836 bexar co. tx married rosannah cato oct 26th 1828 no childern siblings of william barrett travis nicholas, sarah ann,emily k, andrewj, mark butler ans james callowat from the travis family and its allies by major gen.robert j. travis savannah ga. copy rite 1954 bowen pressinc. decatur ga.

William Barrett Travis

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 9:54PM GMT
Sorry was trying to explain. I think who ever
did the family history was a little confused.
Based on your dates. There was more than one
William Barrett Travis. John Travis (Travers)
born 1715 in Ireland married Elizabeth Wilson
born 1720 in NC, wed 1736 in NC. They had 11
children. Martha 1735-1827, Mary 1737-1764,
Damiel 1739-1810, Francis (M)1741-1796, Edward
1744-1782, Arthur 1746, William Barrett 1748-
1814, Theophilus 1752-1777, Celea 1755, Thomas
1757-1814 and Patsy 1759. The confusion was
probably due to the fact that this William
Barrett was born in Alamance, NC and died in
Edgefield, SC. He is ancestor of William
Barrett Travis Born 9 August 1809 and died on
6 March 1836 at the Alamo.

WM.BARRETT TRAVIS

M.TRAVIS RAY (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 3:50AM GMT
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE A CONNECTION BETWEENWM.B.TRAVIS AND MY G.G.GRANDFATHER ALFRED HENDERSON TRAVIS.WHILE GROWING UP MY GRANDMOTHER TOLD ME A NUMBER OF TIMES THAT SHE WAS DIRECTLY RELATED TO WM.B.TRAVIS.I WAS TO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF THAT.BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE THE CONNECTION.A.H.TRAVIS' WIFE IS BURIED IN ALA. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS RAY_28447@MSN.COM I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO YOU ARE WILLING TO SHEAR.I HAVE SOME INFO ON SOME OF THE LATER TRAVIS'THANK YOU.M.TRAVIS RAY.

Travis from Armstrong Co. Indiana, Pa.

Mary Jane Martin (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 3:45PM GMT
Do you have any information on any Travis's from Armstrong Co. Indiana Pa.? Please e mail me at brandon@penn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions