Search for content in message boards

POKLEWSKI, KOZIELL

POKLEWSKI, KOZIELL

CYNTHIA GORSKI-POPIEL (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2004 10:58PM GMT
Surnames: poklewski, koziell
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON AMBROSC POKLEWSKI-KOZIELL, BORN IN POLAND BUT DURING THE 1828 INSURRECTION, HAD TO GO TO SIBERIA AND SENT HIS THREE SONS, NICHOLAS, ALEXANDER AND ZYGMUNT TO LONDON. WHERE DID THIS FAMILY COME FROM IN POLAND? ARE THERE ANY DESCENDENTS LEFT? THIS IS MY GREAT, GREAT, GREAT GRANDFATHER. HIS GRANDSON, FRANCIS ALEXANDER, MOVED TO NEW YORK FROM LONDON AROUND 1873.

Re: KOZIELL

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 10:45AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2006 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: koziell
I might be able to help, I did my boss' family tree for Christmas last year and I have a koziell family tree. I have him as a decendent of Nicholas Koziell, Born in 1808 in Poland, immigrated to England and then his children coming into New York. He had a son Francis and a daughter Eugenias and I can help you out if this is who you're looking for.

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Koziell
Hi,
Yes, this is who I'm looking for. My grandmother was a daughter of Francis, who is one of two of Nicholas' sons who came to the U.S. from England. Her name was Sophia. I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 12:58AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2009 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Koziell, Convery
Sophia A Koziell is the daughter of Francis Ambros Koziell (born abt 1844- died abt 10/1896 in New York) Hoxton, New Town, England & Vincentina J Mary St. John (born abt 1854).
her siblings are Alexander John, Frances N., Eugenia & George.

Alexander John Koziell (1888) married Mary Convery (9/15/1887) children were Frank Alexander, James Convery & Ruth A Koziell. I know direct decendents of this lineage.

Francis (Sophia's father) is the son of Nicholas Koziell born abt 1808 in Poland, and Charlotte ??? born about 1827 in Stepney, England. Francis had a sibling Eugenias Constance Koziell, also born in England abt 1843, died in New York.

Let me know your name and address and e-mail and I may be able to get you in contaact with relatives of yours that are related to Alexander John Koziell, who was Sophia's brother.

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 10:28AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2009 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
Hi,
I think the relatives you know are my father's Uncle Al. He lived in Farmington, Conn. I never met his children, who would have been my father's first cousins. His sister, Sophia, married Joseph Ward. Joseph Ward died in 1929 and Sophia died about 6 months later, both from heart disease and I'm sure, the stress brought about by the Depression. They're buried at Kensico cemetary just north of NYC. I'd love to get in touch with Uncle Al's descendants. My email address is cggp @ roadrunner.com. My name is Cynthia Ward Gorski-Popiel. Thanks for your help.

Re: POKLEWSKI, KOZIELL

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 2:26PM GMT

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 10:18AM GMT
Cynthia, I have passed along your e-mail and name to Ted Koziell (Edward A Koziell). Ted use to be my boss and he and his wife are fabulous friends of mine. They are passing along the information to other "Koziell's" You will hear from them directly.

Have a great day.
Sue McCabe

Re: POKLEWSKI, KOZIELL

Posted: 1 May 2012 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2012 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Koziell, Poklewski
The origin of this family comes from Belarus actually. Koziels from Smolensk region \nowadays Russia\ got estate Poklewo in Oshmiany region \western Belarus\. But it can be called either Poland or Lithuania for those times and confuse your searchings.
I am an ethnographer and I'm also seeking for more information about this family. Especially what concerns uprisings. Next year we have anniversary of the last uprising (1863). The Koziell-Poklewskis were the leaders of it in our Vileyka region, they had a palace in Wielka Serwech (I'm not sure about English spelling)and a lot of other lands in the district. We are making tour route devoted to the uprising of 1863 and Koziell-Poklewski family but we are missing some factual information. It was lost during Soviet regime. But people all over the region still know about Koziell-Poklewski family and retell different stories about them which sometimes sound as fairy-tales :).

So if you have any information about Joseph, Wincent, Tadeush (19-20 c.) or any other members of this family please share it with us.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic