Search for content in message boards

Antecendants of Rev. William Montgomery

Antecendants of Rev. William Montgomery

Anthony Montgomery (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Montgomery, Lane
I am looking for information on the parents of my GGG-Grandfather, Rev. William Montgomery b. 1768 in Shippensburg PA, d. 1848 and buired in the Ebenezer Cemetery near Fayette, MS. He married Elizabeth Lane and they had nine children; Jonathan, Joseph, Samuel, William, Melinda, Emily, Daughter, Victoria, and Edwin. In 1802 he traveled to the Scotch settlements in Jefferson County, MS as a missionary. In 1810 he settled permanently at Washington, MS and briefly served at Jefferson College before returning to the ministry.

Re: Antecendants of Rev. William Montgomery

Posted: 20 Nov 2004 7:44PM GMT
I came across a document at the Cumberland County Historical Society (Carlisle, PA) entitled the "Flower Genealogy File". On page 4, the author speculates that a Samuel Montgomery of Shippensburg was the father of Rev. William Montgomery (b. 1768).

Posted: 8 May 2006 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Montgomery
Historical Sketches - Presbyterian Churches and Early Settlers in Northeast Georgia, by Rev Groves Harrison Cartledge, written c. 1860 states that Rev. William Montgomery was a cousin to Hugh, William and Major James Montgomery of Thyratira Church (Presbyterian) in Jackson County GA. That William is our direct ancestor, and Hugh and James are his 1/2 brothers . All of these "cousins" are children of James Montgomery, date and place of birth unknown, lived for awhile in Waxhaw Settlement, SC-NC, died Jan. 1, 1808 Jackson County GA. We would like to explore the possible relationship of the elder James to the parents of Rev. William.

Posted: 1 May 2014 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: montgomery, conn
Major James Montgomery was my maternal fifth great grandfather. He has descendants named Conn here in Georgia.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions