Search for content in message boards

Looking for Rucks-Still-Hirthe

Looking for Rucks-Still-Hirthe

Posted: 10 Apr 2002 2:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Rucks, Still, Hirthe
My in-laws are the Rucks, but the other family lines are Still and Hirthe. My ex-husbands grandfather is supposedly Gerald Rucks of Wisconsin, he had 6 children with Bonita <Still> Rucks, I am assuming was his wife. Bonita's fathers name was Carl or Karl Still. I have a mother of one or another named Hilda Rucks (I was told this is Bonita's mother), which I do not know if it is her maiden or married name. Bonita was born in Sturgeon, WI in 1935. She also had another child with Gordon (or Gorgon) Hirthe, whi si supposedly Gerald Rucks brother. This is what I am told. Sorry if I am confusing. This family line is confusing me also. If anyone has any information please e-mail me @ keklave02@yahoo.com, I could use what ever information anyone can give. Thanks!
Kimberly

Still Looking for Rucks-Stull-Hirthe

Posted: 21 May 2002 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Rucks-Stull-Hirthe
I made a mistake.....The surname is Stull not Still. I have found the Rucks family......but I have made no progress is finding the Hirthe or Stull family lines. I am also thinking that the supposed Gerald Rucks..is actually Gerald Hirthe, and Gordon (his brother) may just be Gordon Rucks. Is there anyone out there who knows these families from Wisconsin......around Fond du Lac, and Door counties? Please Help! Kimberly

Re: Still Looking for Rucks-Stull-Hirthe

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 12:37AM GMT
I am looking for HIRTHE AS WELL FROM Door Co and Milwaukee Co, WI all descendants of Cluberton/Klubertanz familys of Sun Prairie, Dane Co, WI

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 2:27AM GMT
Some how we are related. My name is Joan Cluberton and my family is mostly from Wisconsin. I now live in Las Vegas and so do my parents Robert and Beverly Cluberton. My father was born in 1920.

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 12:33AM GMT
Hi Kim,

My Name is Bonnie Wegner. My Mother is Robin (Hirthe) Tesch. Her mother is Bonita Rucks. I cant believe I just found this post. It brought tears to my eyes.

Bonita has passed away feb 1 this year.

All of us live in Michigan. My Grandma Has 7 kids. 26 grandkids and 27 greatgrand kids.

We all live in Michigan. I live on the west side of michigan, however the rest are in the metro detroit area.

My email is bonnie.wegner@gmail.com if you would like to know anything else please email me.
me and my grandma was very close and I know of some things but not everything, and would love to know my extended family. thank you for doing this.

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 9:22PM GMT
I am also confused with the Hirthe Lines. A Gordon Hirthe married Marion C(K)luberton/Klubertanz line, which is my line. I have the Klubertanzes back to 1590. I will email you to see if you can sort anyof my Hirthes.
RSchlesier@cox.net

Re: Looking for Rucks-Still-Hirthe

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Hirthe
My family line are the Hirthes. If anyone would like to talk about this family line I would love to share information. My grandparents are Glady and Jerry Hirthe from Sturgeon Bay/Milwaukee.

Have you looked for Rucks-Still-Hirthe in Milwaukee's German newspapers ?

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Hirthe Kludt Ruggaber Sülflow Suelflow Hirth
Some earlier generations of Hirthe families in Milwaukee include these names culled from the local German newspapers:
1909 - Hirthe, Caroline
1863 - Hirthe, Christian (lost livestock; Germantown, Wis.)
1913 - Hirthe, Edward C.
1898 - Hirthe, Karl (79 yr)
1900 - Hirthe, Mable
1900 - Hirthe, Rolfe
1866 - Hirthe, Rosa Amalia (5 mo; Carl & Caroline)
1897 - Kludt, Ottilie (Hirthe)
1890 - Ruggaber, Ida (née Hirthe; 28 yr, Geo.)
1909 - Sülflow, Kath. (née Hirthe, 54 yr)
There are also "Hirth" spellings which could be part of Hirthe research. These are all found in the most current version of:
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
There are also notices for Fred. & Margaretha Rucks, and a handful of entries for Still.
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions