Search for content in message boards

Hart - Calloway Co KY - 1800s

Hart - Calloway Co KY - 1800s

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 9:02AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 10:51PM GMT
Brison B. Hart (1817-1854)married Sally Ann Scott (1821-1890) in 1838. The 1850 Calloway Co Census lists two children, W.R. (10) and Ruthy (8). Did they have other children? A grandson, Robert Lee Hart (1866-1952)married Ida Freeland (1867-1953). Was W.R. Hart the father of Robert Lee Hart?

Harts In Calloway Co.

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 5:38AM GMT
Hello! I saw your message about the Harts in Calloway Co. and nearly flipped. I have been looking at genealogy for nearly a year since I first acquired a computer, but have run into dead ends mostly. What is your interest in the Harts? I am the great-grandson of Robert Lee Hart, and yes, he was the son of Winfield Reeves Hart. Robert Lee Hart wrote a Family Record around 1930 and I have a copy, at least most of it, in my possession. It is the only way I have found of linking myself to the past. It is full of information. Please contact me at Barryduane141@cs.com, and I will share all that I know. I was born in 1952, exactly two weeks after Robert Lee Hart died. You will be interested to know that Sally Ann Scott was the daughter of George R. Scott. Her brother, Henry Peter Scott,Sr was the father of Mary Jane Scott, who was the mother of T. Scott Williamson, who was the father of my mother. Robert Lee Hart was the father of Roxie Floyd Hart, who was the mother of my mother, so she and T. Scott Williamson were actually third cousins when they married. I have been trying to trace George R. Scott's ancestors, without success. I know that he was born in Virginia in 1799. I also know that Henry Peter Scott,Sr. married Mary Jane Gauldin, who were both at that time from Dyer County, TN. Henry Peter Scott,Sr. had several other children, as well, all of them born in Dyer Co. There are presently many Scotts and Gauldins listed in the white pages in Dyer Co., no doubt distant cousins of mine, but I have no way of knowing who is who. Contact with them by my mother seems to have been lost since she was very young. Anyway, tell me about your interests and I am sure we can help one another. Are you also a cousin of mine?

Re: Hart - Calloway Co KY - 1800s

D Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2003 5:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Another yes that Robert Lee Hart is the son of WR Hart. Robert Lee Hart is my great-great grandfather. His son David Moore Hart (great grand)-> Harold Wright Hart (grandfather). I too have a copy of the Hart family history book. Interesting stuff.

D Arnold
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions