Search for content in message boards

HOLZHEUSER, Andrew Christian &Katherine Lipps >Galveston Tx & Indianola Tx late 1845 from Nassau, Gr

HOLZHEUSER, Andrew Christian &Katherine Lipps >Galveston Tx & Indianola Tx late 1845 from Nassau, Gr

D. Longest (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holzheauser, Tampke

From Sangwehr or Petersburg in Duchy of Nassau, Gr with Prince Solms late 1845-Where are these villages now? Who can I contact for family/church records?

Villages of Patersberg and Sagewerk

Patrick Klein (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holzhauser
Deborah,

I think that you are probably looking for the villages of Patersberg and Sagewerk(umlaut over the a). Both are located near each other in the current Rheinland-Pfalz area which in the early 1800's included Nassau. They are located between or near the towns of St. Goar and St. Goarshausen on the north side of the Rhein river.

The ships list of the Gerhard Hermann which left Bremen on 13 November 1845 and arrived in Galveston, Texas on 10 January 1846 lists Christian Holzhauser from Patersberg, his wife Anna nee Liss, and children Heinrich, Peter, Johann, Friedrich and Philipp.

Hope this helps.

Re: HOLZHEUSER, Andrew Christian &Katherine Lipps >Galveston Tx & Indianola Tx late 1845 from Nassau, Gr

Richard Holzheuser (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 1:58AM GMT
Who are you? We think you might be kin to us reply back

Re: HOLZHEUSER, Andrew Christian &Katherine Lipps >Galveston Tx & Indianola Tx late 1845 from Nassau, Gr

deborah longest (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2001 11:50PM GMT
I am in Waco, TX. and am related thru Myrtle Mae A. Holzheuser, dau of Fred David, son of Phillip C., son of "Andrew" Christian Siegfried. Where are you located. I have recently received info from Germany that takes family back several more generations. DL

Richard Holzheuser Jr (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 2:11AM GMT
I am Richard G. Holzheuser Jr. . We live in Burkburnett, Tx. I am the son of Richard G. Holzheuser Sr. son of George Anton Holzheuser, son of Phillip Anton Holzheuser. All were from Indianola & Magnolia Beech Texas.

d longest (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 7:06PM GMT
This is apparently the same family. Willing to share info. Am seeking any info regarding this family, as well as stories, pictures etc that are available. I do not have info on computer and will gladly copy and mail what you would like to have. How much have you compiled? dll

Posted: 13 May 2012 1:37AM GMT
Hi! I realize that these threads are really old, but I thought I'd post anyway! I'm fairly certain that I am at least related to Richard Holzheuser... My great-grandfather was Michael Holtzheuser (he added the "t" due to the frequent mispronunciation of his name); his parents were George & Bertha Holzheuser, who lived in Calhoun County. I have just recently started working on the genealogy for my maternal side, so I'm looking for any leads I can get! =oD

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:19AM GMT
Re Holtzheuser Family in North America. I am researching the origins of The Holtzheuser Family in NA. My research indicates that during the 1730's 40's and 50's a number of Holtzheusers migrated from Germany to he Netherlands. My branch stayed in The Netherlands, while most sailed for America. possibly to escape religious or economic problems. Once in America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or New Jersey) The family expanded and migrated through North Carolina, Kentucky, Louisianna and Texas and other points westward, including Illinois and Iowa. I am looking for any links. Theo (Hint: Jacob, Casper Johann or Johan, Christoph, Valentin or any of their siblings or descendants)

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 5:50PM GMT
Hi,
I am Kyle Brandon Holzheuser, son of Richard G. Holzheuser Jr. Sounds like you may be cousins with my dad???

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 6:03PM GMT
Hi, Kyle!

I think we ARE somehow related, I'm not entirely sure how yet! It's not easy with all of the Henrys, Philips & Georges to figure out who's who. My great-great-grandparents were George & Bertha (Hickman/Heckmann) Holzheuser; his parents were Henry & Katie (Wasserman) Holzheuser and they were all from the Indianola/Port Lavaca area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions