Search for content in message boards

Gales in N.F.L.D.

Gales in N.F.L.D.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 5:47PM GMT
Anybody looking for the Gales from White Bay,Love to hear from you.

Re: Gales in N.F.L.D.

Connie dube (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Kathy

I'm looking for information on James.D & or Charles Gale brothers. Children of Mary(March) & John Gale from the Highlands,Codroy area. It has been suggested I research the White Bay area.
Any info would be appreciated

Connie.

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 12:48PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 1:51AM GMT
Hi Connie;

What kind of info are you looking for? I have some on John Gale's family but little on James D. or Charles, other than their birth dates. John Gale was my great-grandmother's brother. Best wishes.

Theresa

Connie Dube (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 1:54PM GMT
Therese.

Message received. Thanks.
I have all that info,I'm trying to confirm if James & charles are still alive & if so where they can be located.I'm flogging a dead horse or so it would seem.
John the father married my Aunt Mary Angela March.
I may have found a lead in Robinsons, NFLD.Have to check it out on week-end.
If you get any info on the subjest, contact please. Connie...

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Gale
Someone sent me a E-Mail quite a while ago, Concerning the sons of John & Mary Gale, From Codroy, Said, they had located one of the children living in the U.S Texas or Missiouri
or somewhere down that area,Hope this helps someone,sorry I couldn't be more accurate on the place.
Good Hunting.

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 10:10PM GMT
Have you been in touch with Vera Bruce? She is a first cousin of my grandmother's and I'm not sure but I think that would make her a first cousin of both James and Charles. She's not online but I think I can contact her through one of her nephews. She's a great lady and has helped me quite a bit with family research. Talk to you soon.

Theresa

Terry Shears (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 12:34AM GMT
Hi,
I have info on Gales in Robinsons and Codroy areas.
Please send me an email with some details and I will compare against my database. Both Charles Gales'from Robinsons are now deceased. One of them was named James Charles.
Terry

Posted: 17 Nov 2001 1:22AM GMT
Hi Terry;
My connection to the Gale Family in Codroy is through Sarah Jane Gale. She was married to John C. Jennings and was one of 10 children of Edward/Edmund Gale (1841-1905) and Sophia Schumph (1853-1918). John and Sarah Jane had nine children, my grandmother was Theresa Catherine Jennings was one of the youngest ones. I have some info on Sophia's family but nothing on Edward's. Do you have any connection to these Gales? Best wishes, Theresa

Connie Dube (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 2:44AM GMT
Hi Terry.
Thanks for the info.Yes I'm still searching for James & Charles
Please contact me asap.
conniedube@aol.com
ANY info would be most appreciated.
Regards
Connie...

theresa (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Gale, Hall, Zwicker, MacQuarrie, MacLellan
My greatgrandmother was Catherine Ann Gale, the daughter of James Gale and Judith (Juliana) Hall. James Gale died 1880 and Judith died 1882.
Back to my greatgrandmother:
My ggrandmother Catherine Gale was married to Daniel MacLellan & they had 3 children that I know of: Catherine Ann,born Aug 1,1868 who married my grandfather Johnson MacQuarrie,Sarah who married Patrick Downey & Judith born Jan 18, 1863 who married Joseph Hall. Daniel McLellan died at sea in a drowning & relict Catherine MacLellan remarried to John Bennoit May 17,1869 (when my great grandmother was not quite 1 year old.
Would you know of this ancestor James Gale - could he be a brother of Edward Gale?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic