Search for content in message boards

Pennsylvania Cochrans

Pennsylvania Cochrans

Dianne Nalesnik (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1999 4:34PM GMT
My gg grandfather was
David Cochran b c1810-1820 d Sep 1844 Butler Co., Pa
m 1839 Martha Welsh 1819-1886
children William Stewart Cochran b 5 Jul 1840 d 3 Jun 1815 Butler Co., Pa.
m Mary Elizabeth Seaman
Margaret R. Cochran b 1843 d 1877
m C.O. Gamble

David Cochran's mother's name was Nancy and I think his father's name may have been
Charles. David had known siblings John, James, Thomas, William, Martha who m Matthew Harbison.

Do these folks look familiar to anyone? Is anyone tracking Cochrans from the Butler Co., Pa area?
Would love to hear from you - my email is dnalesnik@erols.com

Dianne
Gaithersburg, Maryland

Willaim Cochran

Posted: 8 Jan 2000 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 12:37PM GMT
I have a William Cochran, born somewhere in Penn. December 1, 1818 or 1819. His father was Thomas Cochran, who was born in Ireland and his mother was born in Conn.

I know I am grasping at straws, but that seems to be the standard operating proceedure in this search. I have a lot of Cochran data from William (my GG-GF up till now.)

William Cochran

Joan Fahrney (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 1:59PM GMT
I have a William Cochran, b 10/8/1832, brother of John Cochran (my line), sons of Thomas Cochran. (Pennsylvania area) I have lots of information regarding other siblings, and some information on parents and grandparents of John and Thomas. Please E-mail, I don't come to message boards often. Joanbf@AOL.com.

Cochran PA

Ted Cochran (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 8:42AM GMT
My GGF Peter brothers name John from williamsburgh area in early 1800's Peter fought in civil war settled in carson valley
Pa sons Linus Joesph Peter A my gfather moved to Ohio 1910 or later G mothers maiden name was Crumm they had two sons Clifford
and Russell my father my GGF also had brother by name of Joesph had a hooked finger on hand don't know if this will help or not

William Cochran

Patty Cochran Phelps (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2000 2:11PM GMT
My great grandfather was born in Harrisburg, PA in 1878. That William could be a father or could be a grandfather, great uncle or some distant relative.

William Cochran

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 6:23AM GMT
My Great Great Uncle, William Cochran was born 10/8/1832. I don't have his line, but maybe he had a son that might be your William. My William married Catherine Sarack.

Good Luck

Cochran's in Butler, Pa

Ellie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 7:12PM GMT
I have a Wm. C. emig. from Iree. in1795 who had a brother John who stayed in Ire. Wm. seetled first in Pitts. then moved to Mercer Co. I believe his wife was Eliz. but no last name. They had 3 sons: William, Thomas and James that I know of. All these Cochrans remaine in close to Butler, Pa, Mercer Co, Harrisville. In my family: Fleming, Lusk, Cochran, Lenzi, Vaughn and Moody....main names. I have been working on Cochran history and I know there are a lot of them in the Butler area. My father was Claude Cochran son of Joseph Henry Cochran and Myrtle Christina Fleming of Butler, Pa. Jos. was a lawyer in Butler and Harrisville. E-mail me if anything.Ellie apresario@email.msn.com

Ted

Ellie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 7:21PM GMT
I am replying because I was on this line from Pa and I saw "Ted". My father died in 1977 and he was Claude E. nickname...Ted...he was from Butler, Pa. son of Jos. Henry Cochran and Myrtle Christina Fleming. His father was William who married Josephine Ludwig. Our 1st Cochran, William, emigrated from Ireland 1795. He married Eliz. ? and had William b: 1802, Thomas B: 1805 and James B: 1800 (that I know of). Fakmily history shows, Harrisville, Butler, Pittsburgh areas. Have lots of family history. Ellie.....apresario@email.msn.com

Cochran

Posted: 22 Jan 2000 12:03PM GMT
Read your message - saw some interesting notes. Could we have a connection or coincidence?

I have Jonathan Cochran-b. ~1740-1755, father of: Thomas b- 1/10/1785, Samuel b- 1790, Joseph b- 1796 and 3 others (1787, 1794-girl, 1800)which I have no names for. There is a possibility that Jonathan had older children but these are the only ones accounted for by census records. Jonathan lived in York Co. PA in 1790: Lycoming Co., PA in 1800 and in Mercer Co, Sandy Lake Township, PA 1810~1840. He was listed as 90~100 yrs old in 1840 census of Mercer Co. My family line in Thomas. Thanks.

Cochrans'

Brett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2000 3:13PM GMT
The name Myrtle Christina Fleming. Is she by chance related to Jemima Jane Fleming born December 30th 1832? Jemima was married to Jesse Cochran born April 23, 1826.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic