Search for content in message boards

Earhart-McAdoo

Earhart-McAdoo

Posted: 29 Jan 2002 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2003 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Earhart, McAdoo
I am a researcher in the McAdoo surname looking for information on William "Ollie" Earhart who married Nancy Violet McAdoo. Nancy was born 31 May 1867 in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania, but I have no marriage date or place and no dates and places of death for this couple.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated, and I would be happy to share any information I have.

Thanks!

Cathy McAdoo Wilheim
cwilheim@hotmail.com

Re: Earhart-McAdoo

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 4:17AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2003 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Earhart, McAdoo
Cathy,
Just rechecking posted messages. These are my kin, have you gotten anything on them? Most of my line remains a mystery, soo frustrating.
Let me know.
Thank You.
Tracy

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 2:50AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: McAdoo
Sorry, Tracy,

Nobody has responded.

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 5:44PM GMT
I was trying to figure out the first name of the Earhart that married Nancy Violet McAdoo who is my Great Great Grandmother and came accross your post. I would have asked my mother, but she is out of town. So I started researching and found your post. Nancy Violet Earhart was the mother of my Great Grandmother Marjorie "Madge" Earhart-Pepple. My Great Uncle Wm. Bill Pepple of Sullivan Indiana, who is my Grandmother's youngest brother may have some information. The other option for information would be my Great Aunt Kay, from Casper Wy; however, I wont' have an email address until my mother returns. Unfortunately my Grandmother Beatrice Pepple Thompson passed away last summer at the age of 90. I know we do have a picture of Nancy McAdoo as a toddler. I hope this is the McAdoo you are looking for. Sheri

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: McAdoo Earhart
Sheril --

Let me know when you get more information. In the meantime, can you give me a list of Nancy Violet's children and their spouses?

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 6:57PM GMT
When my mother returns from her trip, I will see what I can find out for you. I think my Aunt Kay may have some information; however, I don't have her contact information, my mother Susan does. My mother talks with my Uncle Bill's wife often and I will have her see what William Pepple remember's of their grandmother Nancy.

Sheri Jensen
SheriLJensen@aol.com

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 6:17PM GMT
Nancy Viola McAdoo,born 5/31, 1867 died in chicago IL in 1959 (she was in a nursing home in Chicago from what I can remember my Grandmother Bea telling me, and my mother, Susan, remembers visting her at the home).
William Earhart Born June 27, 1867 in PA and died Nov 19 1916 in Lawerence IL (Sumner IL area)
Their children were:

Earl Calvin (wife Bernice)

Minnie Edith B 1891 PA, D 1969 in Evansville IL her spouse was Henry Canaday

Mary Marjory "Madge" B 1898 D Sept. 1974 Robinson IL
her 1st spouse was Harley Verl Pepple and their children:
Wendell Thomas "Tom" (living) of Ohio
William (living) of Sullivan IN (1st wife Jeanele, 2nd Mary)
Leland Oliver
Beatrice Maxine(1st spouse Parker Brown, 2nd Dr. Milo F. Thompson)
Jesse L
Harley Verl Jr.
Winona Kay (living) of Casper WY
My Grandmother Madge remarried later in life to I believe a H. (Harry or Harold?) Bartram

William H. B Jan 11, 1907 in IL D. Nov. 16 1973 in MN

Nanci Viola's Parents we have listed as Calvin Poe McAdoo 1846-1912 and Charlotte Wagner 1846-1937

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: McAdoo, Wagner
Thank you for all the great information, Sheril! I have added it to my database. Do you have the exact dates of birth and death for Charlotte Wagner? I show her as being born 'abt. 1850,' which is four years difference from you. Unfortunately, I didn't document where I got that information, so I don't know how much to believe it.

If you find out more info, please keep me informed. I just love filling in those boxes in Family Tree Maker.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: McAdoo Earhart
Tracy --

Are you still out there? Sheril Jensen has given us some information about this family. Check out her most recent post, especially.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 11:29PM GMT
Birth I have as about 1846 per 1880 and 1910 Census. The death I show is Dec 13, 1937 in Bridgeport, Lawerence, IL. I will be picking up some family geneology information from my mother that was given to her by her Great Aunt Audrey and will check the dates on that as well. I haven't scanned any pictures yet, but we do have some of Grandmother Nancy Earhart. I will keep you in mind and send you a picture.

SheriLJensen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions