Search for content in message boards

Teague of Barbourville,Ky

Teague of Barbourville,Ky

Dennis Powell (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 9:41PM GMT
My Grandmother was Sarah Louise Teague Btter know as Louise She was married to Henry Carlo Powell. She was born in 1905. Henry Powell born in 1888.
Dont Know much about the Teague side of my family. Any family connecyed please rply. Thank You!

TEAGUE OF BARBOURVILLE, KY

Posted: 15 Mar 2000 3:53PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2001 4:18PM GMT
I am a descendent of Stephn Lavina Hammons Teague. On Stephen Teagues death certificate it has father ISAAC his mother ?

I know were there is a Old Teague Cemetery but have not been able to get to it at this time.

Phyllis

TEAGUE OF BARBOURVILLE, KY

Posted: 15 Mar 2000 3:55PM GMT
I am a descendent of Stephn Lavina Hammons Teague. On Stephen Teagues death certificate it has father ISAAC his mother ?

I know were there is a Old Teague Cemetery but have not been able to get to it at this time.

Phyllis

Teauges of Barbourville,KY

Dennis Powell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 10:01PM GMT
My Grandmother was Sarah Louise Teague and Her brothers and sisters were Oscar,Jimmy,Green,Martha Ellen,Lottie,Beckie,Mayme,Pearlie.
Sarah Louise better known as Louise was one of 9 children.
Her Father was Leslie Teague married to a Bettie Brock, Leslie Teague father was John Teague married to Sarah Jordan.
Louise was born in 1905.
I dont see a Issac listed. If Issac is from Barbourville chances are he is related.
Sarah Louise is buried Dozier Cemetery next to Henry Carlo Powell.
Other Cemetery near that one are the Paynes, and Martin Cemeterys. I have family in all 3 and they all are very close to one another.
chances are the Teagues are in all 3 cemeterys.
Let me know what info You have on the Teagues.
When was Issac born?
The family lived in an area called Bimble.
Bimble is part of Barbourville.
Do You have any Laws or Powell Information?
more later
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 4:52AM GMT
We have to be related. I am a Brock descendant as well.

Isaac Teague, was in Clay Co. Ky in 1860 census age 42 born TN. wife Mary A., children Martha 19, Ester 16, Ellender 14, John, Isaac 9, Lucretia 5, James 3, Sarah 2,

They came in from whitley county, I believe. There are TEAGUES in the KNOX CO. KY Census.

The Teagues that were in Whitley and Knox were All related and Silas and some of the others went to Missouri.

Ellender Teague, born about 1846 married James F. Carroll, and they are buried At Horse Creek Baptist Church Cemetery which is on the Laurel Co. side but next to Knox Co. line. AS I said in earlier note. I know were there is an old TEAGUE CEM in KNOX CO. KY. But because of wether and snakes did not get to walk to it. But plan to inthe next couple of weeks

There was a Louis Teague Lawson that passed away about 5 months ago who was married to a Lawson. Stanley was buried yesterday. I spoke with a lady week before last in KNox Co and her side of the family goes back to the Teagues. I have seen the names u mentioned. I am more familier with the older TEAGUES than the newer names.

bcoffman@searnet.com
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 5:16AM GMT
I seen these names when I have been in the cemeteries. I have taken pictures of tombstones and have been covering a lot of Cemeteries.

I can give you the names of Stephen Ellender TEague my ggg grandparents.

Ellender Teague born Oct. 24, 1855 Married James F. Carroll

Joseph Teague 1859
Millie J ? 2nd Cathrine?

John Teague born 1836

James Teague
born 1868

William Teague

Nancy A. Teague 1874

Samantha Jane Teague 1877

In my family I have a Fred Teague born 1823
Hugh Teague 1892, Andrew Teague 1920, Clark TEague 1897,

Pictures of above tombstones also stone of Joseph Teague.

I do not that the JORDAN'S connect into my line. I find them in family cemeteries and have not finished putting the names in my data base.

Teagues

Mearl Hopper Teague (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 8:06PM GMT
Phyllis,Were is the cemetary located that has all the Teague.? I have been looking for one. I was told there was some Teagues buried in Silver Hill Cemetary in Searcy co. Thanks Mearl Hopper Teague.
Posted: 8 May 2000 8:37AM GMT
This is an old abandoned Cemetery on top of a mountain. YOu have to climb and there is a lot of undergrowth. We had planned go there before the new growth started and because the coppers and rattlers are so bad.
This cem. is on Hammonds Fork, Knox Co. KY. A large number of this family went west early. They were in Whitley, Knox, Clay county KY.

Teague

Mearl (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2000 8:04PM GMT
Thanks Phyllis,I hope I can find something here,it sounds good.
Posted: 8 May 2000 8:43PM GMT
My line is Stephen Teague md Lavina Hammons, in Knox Co. KY. On Stephen's death certificate it has Isaac as father. Stephen is buried in Laurel Co. Ky. A lot of TEAGUE'S went into Alabama.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions