Search for content in message boards

Wojciechowski of Central PA

Wojciechowski of Central PA

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have looked at most of the Wojciechowski postings and have not found any information on the Wohciechowski family in the Central PA coal region. To be more specific:

Joseph Wojciechowski married Mary Wesloski they had 3 children that I could find. Roman, Sophia, and Joseph J. (my great-great grandfather. They came from Poland and settled in Shamokin, Northumberland Co. Pennsylvania.

Can anyone help?

Re: Wojciechowski of Central PA

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Wojciechowski
Hello, I had a great-grandmother named Sophie Wojciechowski, born in either Poland or Pennsylvania around 1872. She married John B. Madoch or Medoch, immigrant from Germany. Some of their children were born in Shamokin area but the family later moved to Chicago where they remained. Cemetery records in St. Adalbert's Catholic church in Chicago indicate Sophie's father's name was John Wojciechowski but do not give her mother's name. I cannot tell from your post if the dates of Sophie's life (1872-1934) would correspond with the Sophie you are looking for. Unfortunately, I have no other information on Sophie's family. Hope this is useful.If you have any info on Sophie's parents, I would appreciate a reply. Thanks. M. Houck

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: medoch/madoch/madock
hi it's been a while since your post but i have been doing some work in my medoch/madoch/madock/maddock tree lately. i have a zofy wojciechowski married to john medoch with those dates. i believe that john is my my great grandfather-adam medoch/madock (wife mary kozub) brother. i have been to the cemetery and taken some pics. have you seen my tree?--it's maddock/kosyp or i can invite you. i have zofy's parents listed as john and mary. i do not have a maiden name for mary listed. i've mapped out some of their family.

do you have a tree on ancestry?

thank you

linda maddock white

Posted: 7 Mar 2014 4:56AM GMT
Linda,

I am so happy that some one out there finally came forward with some useful information. I do have a tree on ancestry. I will be most willing to share any information I have with you. Please feel free to invite me and I will extend the same to you.
Thank you, and I hope we can help each other out.
Daniel

Posted: 7 Mar 2014 4:56AM GMT
Linda,

I am so happy that some one out there finally came forward with some useful information. I do have a tree on ancestry. I will be most willing to share any information I have with you. Please feel free to invite me and I will extend the same to you.
Thank you, and I hope we can help each other out.
Daniel

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 1:38AM GMT
HI Daniel: You sound like me--I'm always telling my mom no one is looking for us lol. I will invite you to my tree. my ancestry id is gluequeen57. my tree is maddock/kosyp. I've sent an invite. if you don't get it please let me know.

thank you.

linda

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 2:35AM GMT
Hi Daniel

I should mention that I believe that John is my great grandfathers brother. His death certificate saz his father is john; however, I think that is a miss and his father was joseph. some of the medoch's came right to Chicago and some went to Pennsylvania and then to Chicago. he's buried in st adalberts with some of the other medochs so I hope I've got it right. so far I've not connected with anyone else on ancestry who is a descendent of john. I have found other brothers and sisters and have been able to prove connections. I don't know if you have any info on the medoch's.

thanks.

linda

Posted: 5 Apr 2014 10:46PM GMT
I am the great-granddaughter of Sophie Wojciechowski, wife of John B. Madoch. Is the cemetery you have referred to in this thread, St. Adalbert's in Chicago ? If you have any info on where in Poland they came from or ancestors farther back, please reply. Thank you. M. Houck

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 7:32PM GMT
Hi Thanks for responding. Sorry it took so long to get back to you (i had kids home for spring breaks and we had friends that died in a plane crash so it's been very busy).

Yes St. Adalberts in Niles/chicago area.

I will invite you to my tree so you can check it out. it is a work in progress of course. i just did my dna hoping to get a match, but so far, that hasn't helped. the death certificate for john says his father was john, but im hoping that was a mistake and his father is joseph, which is the connection between my greatgrandfather adam and john. do you have any information regarding john's parents?

would you have any pictures you would be willing to share? i believe i have one of adam and mary but nothing beyond that im afraid.

i just recently talked with a man named daniel brehm who i believe said he was also a relative of sophie. Have you ever connected with him? seems like no one but me is looking for the maddock side of the family lol.

thank you for your time

linda maddock white

per page

Find a board about a specific topic