Search for content in message boards

Newsbank America's Obituaries & Death Notices

Newsbank America's Obituaries & Death Notices

Posted: 8 Aug 2008 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know who offers this database online?
I live in IL if that helps for libraries.
Mine does not have it & I used to have it available at Godfrey Memorial, but they no longer offer it.

Re: Newsbank America's Obituaries & Death Notices

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 5:29AM GMT
Edwardsville Public Library is the closest to Godfrey that I can find that offers NewBank, short of going into St. Louis that is.

I have access to it through a library in Springfield, if there are things you want me to look up, I'll be happy to help.

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 1:00AM GMT
Do you have a link where there are listings of sites available?
Thanks, Donna

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 1:48AM GMT
No, sorry I don't. I can't find a listing, if there is any, on newsbank. I just searched the various library's websites for locations around Godfrey since that is where you previously went.

Theresa

Posted: 8 Dec 2008 12:52AM GMT
This sounds ridiculous, but I got access to one library system's access to newsbank by just searching online for some place that offered it to the patrons of some library, and when I got to the log-in page, I just typed in a random number, it was about 12 or 13 digits long, and it let me in! Either I hit a ten trillion to one longshot, or there was some flaw in the system. Hey, is isn't guarding the nation's nuclear codes, it is just some obituaries :)

I would just post the number here, but since I switched from WindowsXP to Windows Vista, and I logged in once, I don't get sent to the log-in page, I go straight to the next page, so I do not see the number each time on the log-in page.

You can just post the information on the requested obit in the obit forum, or if the obit would be from a major area, such as Chicago, then post your request in the appropriate County message board. For Chicago, that would be Cook County. If you do not get a reply in a few days, that usually means that fellow message boarders looked, but couldn't find an obit. Even now, not everybody has an obit posted in a newspaper.

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 8:13PM GMT
These six Illinois libraries offer it:

Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Naperville Public Library
Northbrook Public Library
Schaumburg Township District Library
Tinley Park Public Library
Westchester Public Library

You should ask them if they offer it REMOTELY over the Internet. I access databases (including the one you want) remotely as a "registered patron" for free. I just had to give them the library card number I have with MY library.

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: Stefani, Ciabattari, Fanini, Unti, Mennini, Di Grazia, Lencioni, Del Sordo
http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.usa.states.flo...

The above link to another post talks about a Florida library where anyone can sign-up online & get access for 30 days to their online database.

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Stefani, Ciabattari, Fanini, Unti, Mennini, Di Grazia, Lencioni, Del Sordo
http://www.prattlibrary.org/services/librarycards.aspx?id=58...

This library has access to this database for library card holders from their homes, & it allows people from out of state to obtain a library card without visiting the library.
You can download the application online & send it in.
The fee is $50 for a year.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions