Search for content in message boards

BARKERS SC TO FL

BARKERS SC TO FL

Gloria BARKER Mahaffey (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARKER
Who where Jeremiah's in-laws?
Where is Isaac and his son Elisha buried and Who were their wives?
Isaac BARKER, Elisha BARKER, Jeremiah BARKER, Moses BARKER

Barkers SC>FL

Pamela Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barker, Crosby
I also search Barkers from SC. My 2nd g-grandfather George Clifton Barker b.abt 1850 d. ? m. abt 1880 Hannah Crosby. I think in Charleston, SC found them on census 1910 there. They had child(ren?) Hattie Lydia Barker. If these seem familiar to you please contact me.

Pamela

Barkers SC>FL

KRC (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
The following information is from the 1850 census from Madison County, FL:
Moses Barker 58 M Farmer SC
Ann 57 F SC
Elisha 24 M SC
+ 5 more children (Daniel, Adaline, Eliza, William, Mary Ann)

Elisha Barker 56 M Farmer SC
Mary B. 46 F SC
Jeremiah 26 M SC
+ 5 more children (Mary, Moses, Martha, Emiline, Isaac)

Moses Barker was my ggggGrandfather, and his son Elisha was my gggGrandfather. The younger Elisha fought in the civil war. I believe Moses and the elder Elisha were brothers. I have found some information indicating that the elder Elisha's wife was named Mary B. Rutherford, and that they were married in Kershaw District, SC.

Moses BARKER SC>FL

Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Moses was b. Aug 1836 SC. He was married to Elizabeth Amanda ODOM and they had three kids: John, Sallie, & Octava. He was killed in the CW. His brother, Jeremiah Berren BARKER(my ggrandfather) returned from the war to find his wife had left him,and moved back to GA. He married his sister-in-law, Amanda, and they had my grandfather Henry Eastern, Walter "York", Robert "Bob" L., Arie, William Dial "Mage". I'll e-mail more if you like. Gloria

SC

Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry not part of my group.

BARKER SC > FL

Posted: 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry, all mine went from Marlborough SC to Madison FL.

Re: Barkers SC>FL

Gloria Barker Mahaffey (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2002 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: BARKER=ODOM, STUBBS=TOWNSEND,CAMPBELL=AMAN, DONALDSON=SPRADLEY
I can't believe I missed your message in 1999. I was reviewing old messages and found it. Or do I have a memory problem and did answer you?? Hee
I believe Isaac Barker b. 1771 is Elisha's father. Elisha G. Barker is my gggrandfather and married Mary Elizabeth Rutherford. There is another Moses Barker that was killed in CW and I believe he was Elisha's son and Jeremiah (Jerry) Berren Barker's brother. I don't know a middle name of birth date of Moses. I do know he was wounded at Vicksberg and died in the hospital at Look Out Point and is buried there in CSA cementery. Moses married Elizabeth "Amanda" Odom. They had three kids. Several years after Moses was killed in CW "Amanda" married her brother-in-law, Jerry, my ggrandfather. Their son, Henry Easter Barker was my grandfather.

Re: Barkers SC>FL

Posted: 14 Sep 2007 5:23PM GMT
William Brazel Barker is my ggggrandfather, I think his father is John Moses and Mother is named Ann. Is that the Barkers that you are working on?

Linda Starling
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions