Search for content in message boards

Reuben Miller

Reuben Miller

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Oct 2003 10:27PM GMT
Would like information on siblings of Reuben Miller. His father was Jonathan and his mother was Susannah Cobb.

I know his children became orphans and Aquilla Oxley became their guardian. Does anyone know when his mother died?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Reuben Miller

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 10:57AM GMT
Jo,
The information I have on Reuben Miller is that his father was Jonathan Miller and his mother was Mary Davis.

Here is what I have:
Jonathan MILLER was born 1710, and died 1779 in Bertie County NC. He married Susannah COBB, daughter of Edward COBB.

Jonathan MILLER (Jonathan MILLER1) was born 1744 in Bertie County NC, and died 25 December 1815 in Bertie County NC. He married Mary DAVIS.

Reuben MILLER (Jonathan MILLER2, Jonathan MILLER1) was born 1776 in Bertie County NC, and died 1822 in Bertie County NC. He married Sarah MIZELLE. She was born 3 December 1777, and died 1855.

Bertie County NC Court Records - Guardianship Bonds 1801-44 (Misc)
17 Aug 1821- Aquilla Oxley guard. of John, Hardy, Dunstan, Worley, Aquilla, Nanny and John Miller orph of Reubin Miller, Thos. Holly, David Outlaw, & Wm Raynor also sign.
14 Feb 1831? Aquilla Oxley guard. of Nancy Miller orph of Reubin

If you have other info that disproves the above I would be interested in reading it. Thanks a lot.
Kay

Elizabeth Johnson Schoeb (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 2:35AM GMT
I have the same info. I have the Miller book that has all the Miller's from 1710-1779 Jonathan Miller, Sr. by david Miller. This is a great book. you will find everything you ever need to know in this book. I have been able to meet a lot of new cousins. It is also interesting reading.

Kay (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 10:19AM GMT
I was at the archives last week and picked up a copy of Jonathan Miller's will. It was written Dec 25 1815 and recorded in Feb 1817. This was interesting reading...seems his 3 daughters and their husbands contested the will. The court found that this was his last will. It also goes into detail about the wife and children of Lewis Miller, his son who died before he did.
I also got a copy of Sarah Miller's will, Reuben's wife, and the guardianship papers of Reuben's children.
Anyone interested in having a copy, e-mail me and I will send you one.

Elizabeth Johnson Schoeb (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 11:04AM GMT
This will is in the Jonatham Miller 1710-1779. I could not find anything about the conflict chatter. Would be interested in that. The will in the book is probated in 1817 and was contested by Jonathan Smith and wife, Ruben Barnes &weif William moris & eife etc. Is this what you have? This info followed the deed in my book.

Elizabeth @schoeb2@msn.com

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 11:54AM GMT
Would like to have a copy please.

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Oxley, Britt, Raynor
Aquilla Oxley was my husband's gr. grandfather. I was very interested that he was guardian for Reuben Miller's children. Later August Holley became guardian for Aquilla's children. Have you read the Cobb book. Nicholas Cobb Descendants, Neighbors and Relatives, 1613-1983. There are a few references to Millers and lots of Cobbs. Extensive information on Bertie County. Let me know if I can look up something for you, if you do not have the book.
Zerline

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 10:34PM GMT
Hi, I would very much be interested in a copy of those papers. Thanks, A

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 7:32PM GMT
I would like to have copies also. Very interested in the name Dunstan..Thanks Charlotte Miller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions