Search for content in message boards

Jeptha Knight descendants

Jeptha Knight descendants

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knight
I am looking for ANY Knight descendants from Alachua County. Everyone has hit a brick wall when they get to Jeptha. Was he related to George, Elias & Britton Knight? I believe only a descendant of this Knight line may hold the answer. My belief is that maybe there's another Knight brother that we are not aware of who died, perhaps the mother died in birth? Who knows? That's why we need a true Jeptha Knight descendant to come forward. I am hoping that a male Knight descendant was passed down with a family bible or something that holds if not the answer than @ least a clue to the direction that we should go.

Re: Jeptha Knight descendants

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 2:26PM GMT
You need to provide DOB's + birthplaces for all Knight family members.

Re: Jeptha Knight descendants

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 3:32PM GMT
I see two Jeptha Knights in Alachua County: one born between 1815 and 1820 in Georgia, who married Mary Mariah Watson
http://www.alachuaclerk.org/archive/AncientJ/FrontPage.cfm?B...=

and one born in Dec 1886 in Florida, the son of Lemuel and Ada.

The will of George Knight (http://www.alachuaclerk.org/archive/AncientJ/FrontPage.cfm?D...) leaves much of his estate to his nephew Jeptha for the use and benefit of Jeptha's six children: David Levy Knight, George Montgomery Knight, Thomas Jasper Knight, Margaret Frances Knight, Julia Eliza Knight, and Lemuel Lafayette Knight.

This is apparently the George Knight born in 1800 in Georgia who in the 1850 census was living in Alachua County with Jeptha Knight born in 1819 in Georgia, his wife Eliza, and four of the six children named in the will.

I see that Britton died in Alachua County in 1842, and his will isn't available online but can be requested from the clerk's office for $1 per page. Someone local can go in and take pictures (or use a handheld scanner, as I do).

I hope that helps. If you can provide any additional information, I might be able to find more.

Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions