Search for content in message boards

1996 Gainsville FL obit

1996 Gainsville FL obit

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello

I'm looking for an obit for Ima M Williams. Her date of birth was 9/5/1917 and date of death was 12/15/1996. Her husband was Curtis R Williams but not sure if he survived her or not. I really appreciate your help!

Thank you!!
email: ferbie1968@hotmail.com

Re: 1996 Gainsville FL obit

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 12:51AM GMT
Gainesville Sun, The (FL) - December 17, 1996
Deceased Name: Ima Meade Williams
Ima Meade Williams of Gainesville died Sunday at Columbia North Florida Regional Medical Center. She was 79.

Mrs. Williams was owner and operator of Meade-Williams Grocery Store for 40 years in Gainesville.

She was born in Waldo and moved to Gainesville in 1928. She was a past grand organist for Eastern Star, a past matron of Eastern Star Chapter 44 in Gainesville and a member of the Daughters of the Nile in Jacksonville.

Mrs. Williams was a member of First Baptist Church and was an organist at the Gainesville Drive-In Church Services, First Baptist Church Sunday School and the Advent Christian Church.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Curtis R. Williams.

Survivors include several nieces and nephews.

Gainesville Sun, The (FL)
Date: December 17, 1996
Record Number: 21796obwilliams173179713
Copyright (c) 1996 The Gainesville Sun

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:37PM GMT
Thank you kindly. Was hoping her obit would indicate where she was buried.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:59PM GMT
There aren't that many funeral homes in the Gainesville area. I would suggest using Google to get their names and phone numbers, and calling them to see if they handled your family member's funeral.

Likewise, check with some of the larger cemeteries: e.g., Forest Meadows, Evergreen.

Finally, Jim Powell and a wonderful group of volunteers are working hard at surveying all of the cemeteries in Alachua County. Check out his website: http://wizardofar.org/

Good luck!

Janet

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:22PM GMT
You might consider requesting a death certificate. About $5.00. Unless cremated or buried out of state a funeral home and cemetery should be listed there
Good Hunting
In searching I located no public records for her or associated names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions