Search for content in message boards

Davis, Ichabod

Davis, Ichabod

Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2006 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Archer
Searching for more information on my ancestors.
Ichabod Davis b.Abt.1548,Benefield,North Hamptonshire, England/d.Abt.1603.
Children:Dolor Davis,Israc Davis, Andrew Davis, //Davis.
James V.Archer/ America.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Am willing to share my data.
cjvhte@aol.com

Re: Davis, Ichabod

Warren (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2001 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Willard, Humphrey or Humphries, Hall
I have an ancestor Dolor (Dolar) Davis, b. abt 1593-1600, Bennefield, Northhampton, England, moved to Barnstable, Mass. where he died in 1673. I have some additional information about him, but am extremely happy to learn that Icabod may be his father. If you think that I have information that you need, please contact me. I would be most appreciative of any additonal information about Ichabod and antecedents.

Susan Krecker (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2002 12:00AM GMT
I am descended from Dolar Davis through his son, Samuel.
Im always looking for more information on this large family and would be happy to share with you.

Susan Krecker (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2002 12:07AM GMT
Warren,
I've just replied to Carolyn concerning Ichabod. I'm always searching for additional information concerning Dolar and wanted to let you know that I would be glad to trade information with you. I am descended from Dolar through his son, Samuel.

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 5:28AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2003 7:44PM GMT
Is your Dolor and Ichabod any relation to the Dolor and Ichabod in the 1830 time period in Upson Co GA.

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 7:09PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Shirley, I am searching for any information on Davis family from Upson Co. Ga, I am from There. would appreciate any info. you have.

Warren (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2003 7:44PM GMT
Shirley, I tie into the Davis name in the 17th century. Sorry I can't be of help.

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 7:56PM GMT
There were several Davis family groups in Upson Co GA from the very begining of that county. Is there a particular name that you are interested in?

Posted: 26 Feb 2003 6:19PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 1:41PM GMT
My Grandfather's name was James(Jamie) Milton Davis and he married Clara Johnson. They lived in Upson County for a number of years before moving to the Dinsmore community just north of Jacksonville, fl. I have been trying to trace my Grandfather's line but have not had much success. I have a lot of information on the Immediate family but that's as far as I can got. This information I got from my Father. His name is James Russell Davis and he still lives in Thomaston, Ga. Upson County.

Posted: 26 Feb 2003 10:14PM GMT
Hi Jim,
It sounds like your James M lived in Upson fairly recently. The Davis families that I know about were in Upson in the late 1820's early 30's. Ichabod stayed in the area and died there c 1850. He was involved in politics and community activities but the rest of the Davis families moved away by the mid 1830's so I don't know that I can help you connect the dots. Sorry.

Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions