Search for content in message boards

GREEN Families of Greenville County

GREEN Families of Greenville County, SC

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Nov 2002 9:18PM GMT
Thank you so much for your response. Hopefully our posts will generate further information from others!

Tempe

Re: Green families of Greenville County

Edited: 10 Aug 2002 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Green
I have been researching the descendants of George Green of Fauquier Co., VA whose widow and many children moved to Greenville around 1800. It does not appear that they all travelled together and arrived at the same time. His widow was Elizabeth Underwood Green, one of the Greens mentioned in early minutes at Brushy Creek Baptist Church. George Green and Elizabeth Underwood were my 4gr-grandparents. I don't have an Elizabeth Green who married John McAlister in my information at this time. I have not found a book on these Greens. I have been researching land deeds, guardian returns, probate records and equity suits for leads.

GREEN Families of Greenville County

Surnames: GREEN, McALISTER, SAMMONS, TAYLOR, HILL
Is there a good book on the GREEN families of Greenville County? My great-great grandmother was Elizabeth GREEN who married John McAlister. They lived near the Chick Springs area, buried at Mt. Creek Baptist Church. She may have been from the GREEN families who were at Brushy Creek very early, but I have no proof. Just wondering if anyone has sorted out these early GREEN families and could find a track for me to follow. Thanks for any leads.

Tempe

Green Family of Greenville Co SC

MLancaster (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Green, Underwood, Lancaster, Goodrum
James N. Green born in Va and in Greenville Sc with family in 1820-30 was married to Cynthia Underwood. Their oldest daughter Narisa Green married Lanson Lancaster ( my GR grandfather)about 1841. Both families moved to Walker County Ga about 1848. Do you think there is a connection to your fmilies? Jean

Isaac Green

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: WEST, FOWLER, GREEN, BARNHILL, WALKER, WARD, SPARKS, MAY OR MAE
Thought I'd throw another Green your way and see if anyone has heard of him. Isaac Green born ca 1762 and died 6 FEB 1831 in Greenville County, SC. Isaac married Pheobe West, daughter of Isaac West, son of John West, Jr. who also died in Greenville County, SC.
Isaac died at the age of 68, while Pheobe lived on to be 98 years young. She also died in Greenville.
If anyone has any information I would really appreciate the help.
Good Hunting!
Linda

Taylors Book

Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:43AM GMT

I bought Jean Flynn's book on Taylors SC a few months
ago at the Greenville County Historical Society of which I believe there is a link on this web site.. There
were several copies there then and may be more available.

Re: Taylors, SC book

My thought would be to try the library. The book "An Account of Taylors, South Carolina 1817 to 1994" was written by Jean Martin Flynn and published in 1995 by The Reprint Company, Publishers, Spartanburg, SC -

She has written several books. I don't know if there are more for sale at this time.

Other books listed on the book cover are:

"A History of North Greenville Junior College"

"A History of the First Baptist Church, Taylors, South Carolina" (I have this one and the follow up also.)

"How To Write Well"

"The Boy from Glassy Mountain"

"A History of Secona Baptist Church and the Pickens Area"

"The Militia In Antebellum South Carolina Society"

Tempe

Taylors Book?

Angela Betts (View posts)
Surnames: Hill
Where can this book about the Taylors in Greenville Co. be found? How would one go about obtaining it? TIA!

Re: Green Families of Greenville, SC

Surnames: GREEN, McALISTER, SAMMONS, GIBSON, TAYLOR, HILL
Have you read the book "Taylors, South Carolina 1817 - 1994"? That book helped me to tie a McAlister to a Flynn and a lot more. I recommend that book for researchers of the Taylors - Chick Springs area of Greenville County.

Tempe

Re: Green Families of Greenville County

Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GREEN, McALISTER, SAMMONS, HILL, TAYLOR
Just to add to my original query ... in my great-grandmother's obit (Fannie McAlister Sammons) her parents were identified as "Lizzie" Green and "Jackie" McAlister rather than their formal names. Does that bring anything to mind to any GREEN researchers of Greenville county?

Always optimistic!
Tempe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions