Search for content in message boards

Ignaczynski family in Detroit

Ignaczynski family in Detroit

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2010 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Ignaczynski, Ignacsynski, Bzazina
I am searching for where Paul (Pawel) and Mary Ignaczynski came from in Poland. According to the 1930 census, they arrived here from Poland in 1916 with their son Joseph. Paul was born in 1870 and Mary in 1866. Mary's maiden name is Bzazina. Any information on Paul and Mary would be great.

Re: Ignaczynski family in Detroit

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Ignaczynski, Stzalkawska, Brazina, Jasinski
I'm not related to this family.

Census records do not record WHERE [city or township of birth] only the state or country.

Information on a death cert. is provided by the informant who may not know WHERE a person was born. Frequently, "unknown" is written when neither the parents names or their birthplace is known.

1930 and 1920 - neither Paul [Pawel] nor Mary are listed.

NO WWI Draft Card registration is available for Joseph.

marriage record -
Groom's name: Joseph Ignaczynski
Groom's race or color (on document):
Groom's age: 31 years
Groom's birth year: 1890
Groom's birthplace: Poland
Bride's name: Atonia Stzalkawska
Bride's race or color (on document):
Bride's age: 27 years
Bride's birth year: 1894
Bride's birthplace: Poland
Marriage type:
Marriage date: 19 Nov 1921
Marriage place: Detroit, Wayne, Michigan
Groom's father's name: Paul Ignaczynski
Groom's mother's name: Mary Bzazina
Father of bride's name: Matusz
Mother of bride's name: Veronica Jasinski
Marital status:
Groom's previous wife's name:
Bride's marital status:
Bride's previous husband's name:
Additional relatives:
Film number: 2342748
Frame number:
Digital GS number: 4032398
Image number: 483
Reference number: v 9 rn 221965
Collection: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Ignacynski, Ignacinski, Kendrek, Jones
I'm not sure if there's a relation but I thought that on the off chance there was, you would want to know about it. I know that my grandfather's name on my mother's side was Theodore Ignacinski. I've heard it mentioned that his name had originally been spelled Ignaczynski. He had a sister named Lillian who married into the Gorcyca family. Theodore's parents were named John and Antonina (so far as I've been told). My middle name is John, after him. Theodore married Leocadia Kendrek and gave birth to my mother, Linda and my aunt, Cynthia. Everyone in my family lived/lives in the Detroit, Michigan area so I do not think this is coincidence.

I've been told that John and Antonina divorced and that he died of alcoholism. I never knew much about his parents. I'll make it a point to ask my mother and post more if she has anything of value to add.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 6:13PM GMT
I forgot to mention my name (Timothy John Jones). My mother, Linda just told me that her grandfather John (perhaps Joseph) had a sister named Sophie who (supposedly) lived in France as a nurse. My mother also believes that his wife may actually have been named Antonia as opposed to Antonina, like I mentioned earlier.

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2013 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ignaczynski
Thanks for the info. I do believe that John is the brother of Joseph Ignaczynski. According to Joseph's obituary, he had a brother John that lived in the US. A family member also remembers that her father had a uncle named John in Detroit but didn't know him well. John and Joseph also had a brother named Marcel in France. Do you know what cemetery John is buried? I found him in the 1940 Census in the Eloise Hospital.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 11:53PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2013 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Ignaczynski
I was able to find out from my mother that John is buried at Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Here's his info, I checked it out on their website myself:

MT. OLIVET CEMETERY
17100 Van Dyke
Detroit, MI 48234-3975

JOHN IGNACZYNSKI
Date of Death: MAY 30, 1960 Cemetery:
Mt. Olivet Cemetery Location: Section M, Tier 5, Space 810
per page

Find a board about a specific topic