Search for content in message boards

Obituary - Mrs. John (Laura Sander) Schmuhl 1885 - 1947

Obituary - Mrs. John (Laura Sander) Schmuhl 1885 - 1947

Posted: 17 May 2004 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Albrecht, Berndt, Denbrook, Freiheit, Grahn, Sander, Schmuhl, Silgman, Wichman
This obituary was found in the Brandon Times, published in Brandon, Wisconsin. Issue - Thursday, May 8, 1947 on Page 1 / Column 2.
Funeral services for Mrs. John Schmuhl, who died suddenly at her home south of Fairwater Saturday, were held Tuesday afternoon from the Fairwater church with burial in the Fairwater cemetery.
She was born March 15, 1885, in Ripon, the daughter of August and Pauline Albrecht, and was married May 3, 1905.
Surviving are her widower; six sons: Arnold, Markesan; Harry of Ripon; Lloyd, Brandon, Clarence, Fairwater; Raymond and John at home; three daughters: Mrs. Fred Freiheit, Mrs. John Berndt, Markesan; Mrs. Hubert Silgman, Fairwater; a brother, August Albrecht of Reeds Corners; three sisters: Mrs. Adolph Denbrook, Mrs. Henry Grahn, Ripon; Mrs. Henry Wichman of Clintonville.

Postnote: Laura is the sister-in-law of my great-grandfather, Edward Schmuhl. My research indicates her maiden name to be Laura Sander and her parents names to be: August Sander and Pauline nee Albrecht. I believe the newspaper article incorrectly printed her maiden surname. I also believe her sister's married name to be: Mrs. Herbert Silgman not Hubert as printed in the newpaper article.

Re: Obituary - Mrs. John (Laura Sander) Schmuhl 1885 - 1947

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALBRECHT, ALBRIGHT, HARMS, FERCH, KRENTZ
I recently uncovered a birth record at the First Evangelical Church in Ripon, WI that might be a match to the Laura Sander in your post:

Laura Alwine Zander, b. 15 Mar 1885, Fond du Lac County, WI
baptized on 7 Jun 1885, First Evangelical Church, Ripon, WI
Parents: August Zander and Pauline Albrecht

Laura had five other siblings baptized at the same church:
Julius Hermann Zander, b. 1 Jun 1882
Emma Auguste Zander, b. 29 Jul 1886
Ida Albertine Zander, b. 13 Oct 1889
August Johann Friedrich Zander, b. 13 Oct 1889
Minna Dorothea Zander, b. 10 Jul 1896

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Schmuhl, Loechelt, Kempf, Heidel, Bloch, Luethe, Sander, Frei
Thank you so much for the information regarding the church in Ripon and the birth record. I was at a "brick wall" trying to figure out where to search for records on Laura and her family prior to her marriage to my Gr-Grandfather's brother. I'm reasonably certain this is the correct family - the parents names tie out to the info in her obit, it mentioned her brother's first name in the obit, and now I see some of her siblings names were the same as some of her children's given and middle names, plus the birth date on Laura matches.

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 10:22AM GMT
Surnames: ALBRECHT, ALBRIGHT, HARMS, FERCH, GRANSEE, BRÖGE
Send me your e-mail address and I'll supply you with the detailed transcriptions for all of the entries. I'm currently working on several Albrecht families from Ripon and it is possible that Pauline Albrecht Zander/Sander will eventually tie into my research. If she does, I will keep you updated on her ancestry.

Jay Kroll
jkroll@charter.net

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 5:06PM GMT
I am curious to know if Laura's daughter (Mrs. Fred Freiheit)is Erna Meta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions