Search for content in message boards

Many Norwegian Surnames here !

Many Norwegian Surnames here !

Heather Edseth (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Kunutsen from Rovol, Toresdatter, Larsen, Mikkelsdotter from Eset, Larsdotter vestre Trugstad, Jensen, Nicolaisdatter, Nicolaisen, Handsdotter, Gudbrandsdtr, Jakobsdotter, Jakobsen, Edseth, Hermandatter, Trolsenes-Eiet, Ingelsdatter, D�hlen, Gustavsdatter, Gustavson, Knutson, Ericksen
I am looking for alot of names in my surname list. My Tree goes back to the late 1600s. If any name matches yours I will look it up to see if the dates and places match with mine ! Mostly I am looking for any information on the Larsen and Edseth families. They were from Eset,Nannestad Norway. Which is in the valley of Gundbransdalen Norway I belive. Kristoffer and Johanna Larsen-Edseth immigrated from Norway in 1868. I havent been able to total up their children because there is some that I dont even know belong with them or not. There are conflicting evidence about it.
But I think there are 14 so far. They settled into Halstead MN in 1868/1869 where they remained for sometime.
Anyone have any links on the children?
so far I have ..
Karoline Birgitte Edseth 1862
Hilda Edseth b 1864 d 1864 in Nannestad Norway
Lars Edseth b August 1865 d 5-31-1948 in Ada,MN -Halstead Luthern Church
Clara Edseth b December 1873 Confirmed at the Halstead Luthern Church in 1898
Carl Edseth b December 1874
Ellen edseth B Febuary 1876 confirmed 1901
Hjalmar Edseth b October 1876
Martin Edseth b March 1879
Edward Edseth b October 1880 in Minnisota
Hilda C Edseth b1868 D 2-9-1934 In Halstead,MN married to Jakob Naygaard.
Louie Edseth
James Edseth
laura Edseth
Mary Edseth married to a BERG ?

Edseth, Nannestad

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Edseth, Eset
Edseth is in Nannestad, but quite a distance from Gudbrandsdalen. Nannestad is in Akershus fylke, so you might place your query there.

Egil

Re: Many Norwegian Surnames here !

Chris Gruenenwald (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 3:59PM GMT
My great great grandmother was Karen Edseth. I don't see her name on your list. She lived in LaqQui Parle County Minnesota and is burried in Dawson Minnesota. She married Olaf Gruenenwald. If you have any information on her I'd greatly appreciate it.

susan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2002 6:06PM GMT
One of your surnames matches my grandfather. Ferdinand Gustavson from Latvia.He came to the u.s. around1949-1952. Married to Alide Berngards also from Latvia. I believe his father was Swedish and mother German. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted: 12 May 2002 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Toresdatter
Hi! You have a Toresdatter on your list. I;m looking for a Sigrid,who married a LEET. Sigrid had a daughter,out of wedlock,with Peder Rasmussen.Anne was born 17 Dec.1847 and died in 1911.She was at MALSELV Parish until 1871.Married Andreas Erikson GAMNES. Peder was my Great Grandfather.Do you have anything? Sure be appreciated. Thank You! Juanita

TORESDATTER

Posted: 9 Jun 2002 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 7:44PM GMT
Children born to Anne Pedersen Gamnes and Andreas Erikson Gamnes are: Maili(?) d.o.b. 21 Aug.1878 and Elias d.o.b. 3 Dec.1882 Seeking any info on Anne,daughter of Peder and Sigrid(Toresdatter-Leet)*Peder and Sigrid weren't married. Also,info on Anne's children

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2002 3:58PM GMT
I have received information on Anne Pedersdatter.

Re: Eset, Nannestad (Many family names...)

T. Bjerkek (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2004 4:48AM GMT
According to Nannestad bygdebok Vol II, page 209, Kristoffer Larsen, b 1832 from Østre Eset, Nannestad , m. Johanne Hermansdatter Hellerudeiet, Hakadal (to the west of Nannestad) and born in 1841 in Gjerdrum to the south of Nannestad.
Only Karoline Birgitte, 1862 , Hilda b & d 1864 and Lars 1865 are mentioned here. Moved from Esetstua to an othe cottage, Esethagen (under Vestre Eset) in 1861 and the left for America in 1867.
I don't find them in the 1865 census.

Eseth is located south west of Oslo Airport Gardermoen, which is situated in Nannestad and Ullensaker 50 km north of Oslo.

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 5:18AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2005 6:54PM GMT
I belive that I have some information for you that I found.
email me at ruheather@yahoo.com and i will email you back
thanks,
heather

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 5:37AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2005 6:54PM GMT
sorry for such a delay in replying .. i was not subcribed for a long time because i had gotten discouraged in finding anyoone.
Could your grandmother be Karoline Birgitte b in Norway in 1862 ? Did they call her Karen for short ?

Thanks Heather
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions