Search for content in message boards

Family Research - Castelbuono

Family Research - Castelbuono

Posted: 3 Aug 2006 6:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tumminelli,Tumminello, Pittala', Guarnieri, Sottile, Bondo', Ferrara, Macaluso, Barreca, Morici,Raimondo, Spallino, Occorso, Conoscenti
I'm intererested in hearing from anyone that has family roots specifically in Castelbuono Sicily with the following Surnames:

Tumminelli,Tumminello, Pittala', Guarnieri, Sottile, Bondo', Ferrara, Macaluso, Barreca, Morici,Raimondo, Spallino, Occorso, Conoscenti

Thanks!
Jimmy Giliberti
(JimmyG@msn.com)

Gioia and Piscella from Palermo

Liz Baran (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Gioia, Piscella (spelling???)
Looking for Simone Gioia who married Santa Piscella (please help with the spelling). Both born apx. 1884, married and then came to America in 1912 to 1915 on seperate years.

Re: Gioia and Piscella from Palermo

Posted: 10 Aug 2006 12:09AM GMT
Hi Liz... you may have wanted to post this request as a new title, rather than a subheading from my Castelbuono post...

Anyhow, there is a WW1 draft card on Ancestry for Simone Gioia, born Jan 14, 1884, Wife Santa. At the time, they lived in Buffalo NY. Here is the link to the image.

http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbi...

Re: Gioia and Piscella from Palermo

Liz Baran (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Gioia and Baran
Jim, thanks a bunch. I don't know how to make a new listing, I keep getting denied. Thanks Liz

Re: Family Research - Castelbuono

Leon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2006 10:53PM GMT
My Ggm Maria Santa Macaluso was born in Petralia Soprana in 1884, m. Agatino Costa, but her father Guiseppe was born in Castlebuono in 1856, his wife was Benedetta Restivo. His parents were Antonio and Maria Santa Cito, birthplace unknown.

Jimmy Giliberti (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2006 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Macaluso
Hi Leon.... I still have to re-go throuth the civil records for Macaluso, but my gggrandmother Antonia Macaluso was born abt 1803 in Castelbuono, daughter of Pietro, and she married Giuseppe Tumminello. There is another cousin in the tree... Antonino Macaluso who married Lucia Barreca and they had Grazia Macaluso abt 1819. I didn't do macaluso for 1856, but I did for 1863, and there was a Michele Macaluso born to Francesco Macaluso and Arcangela Sottile, and a Nicolo' Macaluso to Andrea and Rosa D'Ignotti in 1863. There's others, but it gives you an idea that there were probably a number of branches to follow in those years...

Thanks for asking this question, I did not realize I had not transferred my notes to my DB yet for lots of my castelbuono records...

JimmyG

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 6:08AM GMT
Surnames: Tumminello , Piro
I am leaving for Sicily on September 18th, did you find any Piro's in your search?
My great grandfather married Angelina Tumminelli, they then went to New Orleans. Angelina's brother also went with them, they listed they were from Monreale, but I noticed there are more Piros in Castebuono then in Monreale. Any suggestions?
Suzanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions