Search for content in message boards

NEWBOLD, ALBURY, CURRY, HIGGS, PINDER, PYFROM, ROBERTS, RUSSELL, SANDS, SAWYER, SWEETING, THOMPSON

ALBURY, RUSSELL, THOMPSON, CURRY, KNOWLES, PENT

Debbie Skelton (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother's mother was from Spanish Wells also. Her name was Ada Albury, she married William Knowles. There was also a Menandez Albury. Not sure of the relation to her.

My husband's family, SKELTON, starts in 1810 with John S. Skelton marrying Martha Thompson. It was witnessed by Nath. Thompson (married to Margaret Higgs) and John Curry.

After the move to Key West in the late 1840s there are connections to Russells, Pents, Currys and other names that are familiar to you search.

Do you have any connection?

NEWBOLD, ALBURY, CURRY, HIGGS, PINDER, PYFROM, ROBERTS, RUSSELL, SANDS, SAWYER, SWEETING, THOMPSON

Herb Holland (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
NEWBOLD:
My wife's mother was a Newbold from Spanish Wells, Eleuthera, Bahamas. We are interested in these lines: ALBURY, CURRY, HIGGS, NEWBOLD, PINDER, PYFROM, ROBERTS, RUSSELL, SANDS, SAWYER, SWEETING, THOMPSON, UNDERWOOD.
Thanks much, Herb Holland

Herb Holland

08/97
Posted: 22 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 6:01AM GMT
I show an Eliza Ann Newbold married Hezekiah Thrift in the Bahamas on 3/19/1835. Their daughter, Charlotte married George Lewis in Key West in 1853. Charlotte and George had a daughter, Malvina, who married Hiram Gibson Fulford,,Fire chief of Key West at the turn of the century. Mr Fulford was my great great grandfather.
Posted: 11 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2001 4:24PM GMT
My g. grandfather was William Knowles. Wife's name unknown. She died in childbirth. William's son Joseph KNOWLES was my grandfather b. on Rock Sound 7/30/1860. Do you have a time period for your g. grandmother and her husband William. My grandfather Joseph emigrated to Key West. He married Catherine Brady. They both died in Key West.

SANDS

Judith K. Ford (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT

My step-aunt, the late Madeline SANDS, had ancestry in the Bahamas. Her father, Albert Victor Darling SANDS, was the son of a pineapple plantation owner on Eleuthera. I have the info., but not with me at this time. The SANDS family has been in the Bahamas since the 1500's, I believe.

ALBURY, CURRY, PINDER, ROBERTS, RUSSELL, SANDS, SAWYER, SWEETING, THOMPSON

FRANK HILTON SAWYER (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have genealogy family connections with all the
surname's you are asking for in a PC except Higgs
and Pyform. Pick one name at a time and send your
questions to me (email) to see just where it will
leas us. Not sure if we can help one another or not,
but its worth a shot.

Frank

NEWBOLD, SWEETING, ROBERTS

Posted: 9 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Frank, sorry to be so slow in replying. Anxious to corres. w/ you. Will send separate msg re Newbold to start things off. Regards, Herb

Sands

Posted: 9 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Hi Judith, I'm interested in all Bahamian Sands, past and current. Have 28 Sands in my files 1800s and current century. Would love to correspond w/ you. Sorry my reply is so delayed. Best, Herb

THOMPSON

Gloria Battle (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Looking for relatives in the Bahamas. Do you have information on Thompsons from Cat Island. My grandfather, Hamon, had one brother James. They came to the US via Key West and settled in Deerfield Beach in the early 1900's.

ALBURY, THOMPSON, HIGGS

Debbie Skelton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Looking for info on Ada (Susan) Albury, daughter of Menendez (or he might be an uncle) and Sarah Albury. Born in the Bahamas (Spanish Wells). She was born ca. 1860. There was also a Curtis Albury on Albury Lane in the Bahamas that was related. She married William Walter Knowles at Cherokee Sound, Abaco, Bahamas ihn 1895. They moved to Key West shortly after that.

I am also looking for info on a Nath. Thompson, who was married to Margaret Higgs and had a daughter named Martha born 1785 in the Bahamas. Martha m. John S. Skelton in 1810 in the Bahamas.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions