Search for content in message boards

Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte

Posted: 20 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Lafitte
I am looking for anyone having information on Jean Lafitte's descendants. I have a friend who is a fifth generation descendant of him. His mother's maiden name was Reid. If nayone has information on who the connections to Jean Lafitte and Jean Reid are please e-mail me at;

cjps69@hotmail.com

Jean Lafitte

Kelly Broussard Woodson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lafitte
I am searching on information for Jean Lafitte. I have been told that I am one of his decendants. I believe it would be on my great grandfather's side-who was a Lognion from Calcasieu parish. If you have any info, please share it and I will do the same. Thank You.

Jean Lafitte Society

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Jean Lafitte
Kelly - Cynthia, I heard a real good presentation in April 2000 by a group studing Jean Lafitte: "Fact or Fiction". They are not a genealogical group, rather a Historical Association. They do have people going genealogy in the group and most likely could help you. They are based out of Galveston, Texas. Check listings for Historical Associations as well as Genealogical Societies. Good luck. dcm

Jean Lafitte

Denise Jones (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT

Re: Jean Lafitte

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 6:03AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2004 1:33AM GMT
My GG Grandfather Velior Theriot was friends with Jean Lafitte he would go and see him in Chenier Perdue. He supposably burid some treasure on his land. They have dug and dug and still have not found the treasure.

Jessica Broussard Leger (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 1:26PM GMT
Contact Mrs Hersey Abshire at 337-774-3231. She did genealogy for the Broussard's on my daddy side of the family. My daddy and his brothers and one sister get royality checks from Jean Lafitte. email me if any questions jaleger@cfweb.net.

Posted: 2 Sep 2006 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: rivette, darce, decoux, boutte, gonsoulin, landry, leblanc, henry, bermeyo, decuir, belinger, henry
my familey is from louisiana and was in that aera for at least 200 yrs. my great aunt therese did our geneology on the darce decoux branches and traced us back to jean lafiette, the work has since been lost. i am trying to redo this any info or tips would be greatly apperciated. i am going to he aera the first week of october 2006 and am trying to get tings organized.thankyou for your time and i look forward to hearing from you

James L. Dabadie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2006 2:04AM GMT
There was a Decoux family in Pointe Coupee parish. I have three marriages in my family between 1800 and 1850.

Posted: 4 Sep 2006 5:45AM GMT
a large number of my familey was from that aera. my tgreat grandmother was felicia decoux and her father was leo alexander. i am going to southeast texas south west louisiana the first of october on my first research trip do you have any idea where that aera is i would love to try to go there in person any info, tips or ideas would be greatly apperciated. thank you so much for your reply and intrest.

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2006 2:42PM GMT
He is known to have sailed the Gulf between New Orleans, LA and Galveston, Texas. I hope that this will help you some.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic