Search for content in message boards

Bayou Lourse School

Bayou Lourse School

Nancy Saucier (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mire, Templet
Does anyone have any information about the school that is, or used to be, at Bayou Lourse. My Louisiana geography isn't great - so I'm not sure where Bayou Lourse is, or if it is even in St Mary Parish. My mother, HELEN MIRE TEMPLET, now deceased, was a teacher at that school for a short time in the late 1940's or early 1950's. Not sure if she was married yet when she taught there, so former pupils or co-workers may have known her as Mire or Templet, depending. Have a few old pictures of my mother with students and with other employees of the school, if anyone would be interested.

Bayou L'ourse

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
The Bayou L'ourse I know of is in Assumption Parish. East of Amelia in St. Mary Parish. I don't know if there was a school there in the 1940 or 1950's. The school I know of has only been there for about 18 Years.Hope this helps.

Re: Bayou Lourse School

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 12:52AM GMT
Is this the Hellen Mire that was born on Bateman's Island?
Or gave birth to a child on same?. Bateman relative.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 1:19PM GMT
Yes, Helen was born there. Her father's family lived there and he would go there to hunt and trap. She was born there during one of those trips.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 1:20PM GMT
Yes, Helen was born there. Her father's family lived there and he would go there to hunt and trap. She was born there during one of those trips.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Mire Templet
Did you read the reply as to your relative? And yes please attach all photo's if you have any of the Island and student's
School.We love all the history we can get about Bateman's Island and it's inhabitants over the past year's.The school was certainly a very important part of it. Thank you.
Bateman's Island was home to hundred's of important people.
From the early 1800's to the 1940's or50's? Now it's a dump site for the oil company's.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 1:38PM GMT
This is the picture of my mama, Helen Mire Templet, and her students at the Bayou Lourse school. This would have been sometime between 1950-1952.
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 10:34PM GMT
I have one other photo of her at the school with some other people in the picture. Will post it when I dig it back out.

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: bayou lourse school
Thank's for sharing your picture with us. She was a fine looking woman. By the looks of her expression i would say she enjoyed her job and student's. Ted

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 12:48AM GMT
Did you know any of the kids in the picture? Guess they'd be sixty-ish?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic