Search for content in message boards

GEORGE W. HARTFIELD

GEORGE W. HARTFIELD

Posted: 7 Dec 2001 1:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 3:23PM GMT
Seeking any info concerning George W. Hartfield, especially any info concerning birthplace, parents and siblings. He and wife Elsie are shown on 1920 census for Lamar County living south of Purvis (ages 81 and 77, respectively). They also appear on the 1910 census although Elsie is listed as "Amanda E." Daughter Mollie Reid and her son Charlie are shown living in the 1920 household. Another son, Elijah, is shown living with his wife Abigail and their kids nearby on both reports. I have not been able to find them on the 1900 census through a Soundex search, but they may be listed on the 1880 census as "Heartsfield," although ages are inconsistent by two or three years with ages shown later. Known inlaws were Slades, Stewarts and Overstreets, and, through my grandma Mollie, Reids. Any help appreciated.

Re: GEORGE W. HARTFIELD

Posted: 24 Dec 2001 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 9:16PM GMT
I show the parents of George W. (b:1838 - wife Elsie Graham) as Samuel Asa HARTFIELD and Olive FILLINGAME with with siblings (brothers) Asa, Reuben and William -- Martha Rade mrader@lucernevalley.net

Posted: 25 Dec 2001 12:06AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hartfield
Thanks very much. Do you have a place of birth for any or them? George and Elsie are great grandparents

Posted: 25 Dec 2001 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 9:16PM GMT
Sorry - don't know where they were born -- but -- George's parents are Samuel Asa HARTFIELD (B: 1802 in Horry Co., SC) and Olive FILLINGAME(1815 in SC or MS?) -- Do you have a copy of Slade's Lamar Co. MS - History and Families I also have some of Geo's siblings - if you don't have them. If you would like a descendancy chart of what I have rather than try and put it here -- you can contact me direct. Martha Rader mrader@lucernevalley.net.

Abigail Hartfield (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2002 3:57AM GMT
You may be the help to my searching. My grandmother is Abigail ? and my father is Prentis E. Hartfield aka Sam. His father is Prentiss Jackson Hartfield. But under Prentiss Jackson Hartfield there is no wife listed as Abigail and/or son with his name sake less an s. I am still trying to figure this out. Any information you have could help. Heck, we may be related. email me at aaichavez@aol.com if you have/know anything. Thanks.aic

Leesa (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2002 3:23AM GMT
sorry if you are not the person ...but I was wondering are you Marvin from Bronx Ny my good friend who I am desperiatly looking for ? if you are please get in touch at the above email.

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 9:51PM GMT
I am the ggrandaughter of Elijah Hartfield and Abigail Boles. Common names are Stuart, Slade, Reid, Grantham, Graham among others. I don't have it in front of me to have all the details, but the gggrandfather I believe is Henry and was in SC before Ms. His wife's name according to all I have found was Olive.
I will be glad to send you the info I have for the asking. I have a few old photos. Did have a photo from the 1800's of the Hartfield children, but made the mistake of allowing a relative to borrow. Now I will only copy. The 's' was dropped early in this century and before that, it should be spelled as Hartsfield.

Let me know what you need to know. I have a good scanner and can send documents and photos over e-mail if you prefer.
Please let me know who you are and how you are related.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions