Search for content in message boards

CLAY SIMMONS

CLAY SIMMONS

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
Would anyone have any information on a Raymond Clay Simmons b. 1901 -1902 in Pendleton Co., he was supposed to have been left an orphan by the time he was 4 or 5, any info will be appreciated
Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2002 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Wimer, Grogg
I am looking for John Simmons Born abt 1750 in pendleton county he married Margaret Wimer They had a son David Simmons that married Sarah Grogg
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS
I am sorry, but I do not have any more information on the Simmons family than what I posted.. I have a very big brick wall there. Good Luck
Jackie Smith

Sharing Information on the Simmons Family

Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Rexroad, Wimer, Grogg, Hevener
Jackie,
This might help out a little bit.

John Jacob Simmons, Jr., born 1774 in Pendleton County (West) Virginia died 1837.
Married
Mary Margaret Wimer, born 1785 died 1850.

From this union there are two children that I know of.

David Simmons who married Sarah Grogg on May 4, 1821, no further information.

Frederick Simmons, Sr., 1793 died in 1874
Married July 13, 1815 in Pendleton County, (West) Virginia
Elizabeth Rexroad born 1795 died in 1869

From this union there were 11 Children
Frances; Benjamin, Matilda, David, Emanuel, William, Frederick, Jr., John, Henry, and Mary.

The parents of Elizabeth Rexroad were Johan George Rexraod Sr., born about 1760 Tulpehocken, Burks County, Pennsylvania died 1835 Pendleton County (West) Virginia. Margaret Elizabeth Hevener born abt 1770 Brandywine, Pendleton County (West) Virginia. This couple was married 1780 in Pendleton County (West) Virginia. I have more information on their children. Also more information on John Jacob Simmons, Jr., parents.

Please forward any corrections or questions to me.
Please check out my posted Messages on the Hufman/Huffman.
David M. Bruty

Simmons

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Wimer
I am looking for information on the parents of Sarah Simmons who married Philip Wimer on March 31, 1785 in Augusta Co. (Pendleton Co.), VA. My records say they were Leonard and Catherine Simmons, Jr, but I have nothing beyond that. Could they be related to John Jacob Simmons,Jr?

Harvey Simmons

Lewis Ellingham (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: ALT, KIMBLE, WAYBAUGH, KETTERMAN, SIMMONS, JUDY
Harvey Simmons married into the Alt family in the 1830s or 1840s, a second marriage for his Alt spouse, who had been married to a Waybaugh (approximate spelling). These Alts are Pendleton Co., VA (WV), but spread through all the counties that once had been Hardy, especially Pendleton and Grant counties (WV). Any information welcome. A Harvey Simmons is in the 1850 VA census in Pocahontas Co., VA, who may be this man, but was then 20 years old and unattached as a tailor residing in a private home.

Re: Simmons

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Wimer, Simmons
Hi, I am decended down from Phillip Wimer and Sarah Simmons. My records only go back as far as her parents Leonard Simmons Jr. and Catherine also. I noticed that this was posted last year and wondered if you came up with anything since then.

Re: Simmons

Eugene (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Wimer
I don't have anything beyond that either concerning Sarah Simmons. Do you know anything about where in Germany Philip Wimer came?

Re: Sharing Information on the Simmons Family

Posted: 30 May 2002 12:08PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Puffenbarger, Gally
I have an Elizabeth Simmons who married Adam Puffenbarger in Highland County, Va. I have no date for this marriage bu in was probably in the 1820's or 1830's. They had a daughter Martha Jane Puffenbarger who married George Jonas Rexrode in 1866. I am searching for the parents of Elizabeth. Would you have any information on her and her ancestors that you would be willing to share? I have fairly good info on the Rexrodes( my grandmother's line) and on the Puffenbargers. I am now trying to connect with the lines that married into these surnames. I only look for direct lines and don't keep info on brothers and sisters as it gets way too much to handle. I also have a Sarah Pickle married to Peter Puffenbarger and an Elizabeth Franciscus Gally married to Adam Puffenbarger. They were the parents of Peter. Would you have any information on either the Pickle or Gally surnames? Please feel free to respond to my email address: mosbycat@inna.net. Thanks ....Ann

Re: Sharing Information on the Simmons Family

KAREN SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2002 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS,WIMER,VARNER,PUFFENBARGER
DAVID DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON JACOB R. SIMMONS? HE HAD A DAUGHTER MARY"POLLY" WHO MARRIED CAIN WIMER? ANY HELP APPRECIATED. I NEED HELP FROM JACOB ON BACK TO NICHOLAS. THANKS,KAREN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic