Search for content in message boards

James Alexander of KY

James Alexander of KY

Posted: 20 Sep 1999 2:13PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2003 4:39AM GMT
Trying to find ancestors of James Madison
Alexander. He was born in Christian County
Kentucky in 1806 and died in 1887. He married
Nancy Dyer May 23, 1826. They had 14 children. John M.,Josiah, Moses,Washington,
James Madison,Jr.,Rebecca Carolina, Elizabeth
Adeline,Martha Jane,Nancy Dyer,Sarah Matilda,
Harrison C.,Drury P.,Joseph A.,and Benjamin
H. Alexander. I have most of their birthdates
and whom they married. I am interested in
finding their Alexander ancestors and their origin. Will share information!

James Alexander

Graham Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 1999 6:20PM GMT
Was he ex Ireland?

Hi, I noticed your info on the web, I too am interested
in the surname Alexander.
Perhaps there is a connection???

greyim@yahoo.com

Alexander of Ireland - can you help?

(John Alexander - Farmer )
Rev Hugh Bryson Alexander b. 1838? Tyrone edu Queens
Univ.
25 yrs m. Mary Elizabeth Phillips 1851?? N. Ireland.
Methodist.
Alexanders from Ballgorly migrated to NZ 1878? On
“Lady Jocelyn”

Several children; Catherine Phillips A. b. 1864
Tyrone
James Phillips A.

Yours truly Graham Alexander

Ps if you have a Alexander URL you would like linked,
pls reply mail.

James and Nancy 's children

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:29PM GMT
What do you have on their son Moses?My Moses b 1827 married Sally Bird.Probably won't fit yours, BUT I have to ask!thanks Elsetta

James and Nancy's children

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 3:50PM GMT
Elsetta, No I don't think we have a match. Moses Hampton Alexander was born in 1833 in Kentucky and Married Priscilla A. Parsons. However, the dates are close and he could have married more than once. Also my date of birth could be wrong, I do not have the year and the month. He was born in Christian County, Kentucky if that will help you any. Yes, we must follow every lead. Good hunting!

George
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:29PM GMT
Thanks for answering, I knew not !! My Moses has proved to be a hard guy to trace. I have tracked him through Estill Co, Kty into Indiana. He was married to Sarah in 1845 and they stayed married until they died in Mo.I had seen a James traveling in the group. I just can Not figure out his dad!!!

Alexander's

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 5:57PM GMT
Elsetta, I noticed your maiden name was Alexander. My grandfather was James C. Alexander, born 1874, brother of the Moses we checked out. My mother was Zela Quincy Alexander. All of these Alexander's live in or near Christian County, Kentucky. If you should run across any of these persons in your search will you contact me. I too am having a problem finding data on my grandfather, he and my grandmother were divorced and I don't know what happened to him. Thanks for your responses!

George of Kentucky

Alexanders, Christian Nearby Co., 1806

John Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 7:44PM GMT
I probably can't provide much, but my investigations have shown that there were only a few families of Alexanders in the area near Christian County KY before 1810. I know of brothers Matthew and William, Ebenezer (possibly their brother), Zenas, and John (probably related to one of the other families). Your Moses was not Matthew's son, and no one appears to have attributed him to Ebenezer. If, as many claim, William's and his brothers' grandfather was Moses, William could be the father. William was born about 1758-1760, and his wife was Esther McMillin, but I don't know much more. If John was brother to Matthew and William, he was probably born after 1763.

Josiah Alexander

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 6:49AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2002 6:46PM GMT
Can you tell me if Josiah was married to Martha Dodson,my greatgreatgrandfather was Josiah Alexander but I can't find any info on him,my greatgrandfather was Monroe Pierce Alexander.Thanks for the help.

Josiah Alexander

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 9:12AM GMT
Ralph:
I have Josiah Alexander born 1831 son of James Madison Alexander and Nancy A. Dyer. Married Jane C. Petty in 1853. However, he could have married more than once, but I have no record that this was the case. I will do some checking and get back to you if I find any more information on Josiah Alexander, he was my great grandfather's brother. George

Re: James Alexander of KY

patrick alexander (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alexander
Hello, George...
I'm looking for the parents of my gg grandfather, John M. Alexander, b. 1812 in Ky., married Cordelia Gaines in 1841 in Mo.

Is this the same JMA you mentioned as the son of James Alexander?

Thanks,
Pat A.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions