Search for content in message boards

James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents?

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler, Rhyvett, Doundy
James Cutler was born May 21, 1605 in Sprowston, England. I have seen two sets of parents listed for him, Roger Cutler Winifred Rhyvett and Thomas Cutler Anne Doundy. Does anyone know which couple are his parents?
Thanks,
Fred

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 11:52AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler, Doundy
Fred: I have no actual proof but I have in my family tree that James, born 1605, parents were Thomas Cutler and Anna Doundy. Never heard names of the other set you had. Hope this helps.

James Cutler

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler
Hi Iris,
I found the other set of parents at: http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
I typed in James Cutler born in 1605 and that is where I found 2 different sets of parents. I also had Thomas and Anne as his parents, but now I'm not sure. Genealogy sure can be confusing at times, I guess that's the fun of it! Thanks again.
Fred

James Cutler

Posted: 6 Dec 2000 8:20AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 9:00PM GMT
Fred: I have always had Thomas and Ann as parents for James Cutler. I have never seen the other set you mentioned. I am going to look on the web site you gave. Genealogy is only as accurate as the person submitting it. If they have not checked out legal records for dates/names/etc and only used hearsay then it is incorrect. Yes it is confusing, especially when given names are carried down through many generation. Good Luck. Iris

James Cutler

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 10:52PM GMT
I found Roger and Winifred as James' parents through the LDS but I haven't been able to verify it yet.

James Cutler

Roger W. Cutler (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: cutler, Cakebread
Hi Fred,

I am also trying to find the parents of James Cutler.I have also found a third possibility.Henry Cutler b. abt 1580 in Ashby dela Zouch,Leicester,England, married to Anna Cakebread.Found at:
"http:worldconnect,rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GETdb=alanclarkid=I2568"
Would appreciate any additional info.
Thanks,
Roger

James Cutler

Posted: 17 Feb 2001 8:43AM GMT
Hi Roger,
Thanks for your message. Wow now a third couple! I think I am just going to stop at James Cutler until someone has proven facts about his parents. If I find any new information about him I will let you know.
Fred

Re: Benjamin Cutlers

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 11:30PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 6:11AM GMT
If any of you have a Benjamin Cutler or 2 from London (Holborn/Lambeth) from the early 1800s, please email me!
I have Benjamins and Benjamin Green CUTLER info and am trying to establish if they are mine or not. One of the latter is from Lincoln, born 1797.

Thanks

Jill Warland
CANADA

Re: James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents?

Posted: 7 Dec 2002 6:12AM GMT
Hi-my aunt's genealogy, published in 1964, starts with James but could not unearth his parental line; have you gotten any info so far? Nathan Cutler (11).
Posted: 14 Jun 2004 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2005 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler, Cakebread, Moore, Snow, Babcock, Stowell
OK, Who you want is Seth Cutler. His Great grandfather was the one married to Ana Cakebread:

James Cutler/Anna Cakebread
James Cutler/Lydia Moore
John Cutler/Hanna Snow
Seth Cutler/Elizabeth Babcock
Elizabeth Cutler/Ephriam Stowell

If these are any that you are looking for, let me know and I will send you dates, etc......
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions