Search for content in message boards

JOE PETERS

JOE PETERS

PETERS (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 1999 6:17PM GMT
CAROLYN PETERS,GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER

PETERS

Galindo, Bernadette-Southern California (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 4:07PM GMT
Peters is my family name on my mothers side. Her father (my grandfather) is Joe Peters. Now I'm not sure if this one is related or not, I am researching the origin of our "Peters." I understand it may have been modified sometime when the family came through Ellis Island.

Joseph G. Peters

Galindo, Bernadette Peters/SoCal (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 5:30PM GMT
Joseph G. Peters - born 11/20/1898, Arizona, brothers: Anthony (Antonio), Benjamin, Manuel, James; and one sister: Mary. All deceased. Joseph d. August, 1968-Nogales, AZ.

Louis Bedia Peters of Biskinta, Lebanon

Steven J. Peters (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 9:07PM GMT
Louis and Bedia Peters, my paternal grandparents, immigrated from Biskinta, Lebanon, around the turn of the century and were processed at Ellis Island, NY. I think Louis' surname was Butrus or Khouri-Butrus or Butrus al Khoury-Hanna. They were married on the ship prior to their arrival in America. They lived in Utica, NY? and eventually came south to Paris, TX, and finally Tyler, TX. Please respond if this message is helpful, as I, too, have had difficulty researching the family due to the name change.

PETERS

Bernadette (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 11:16PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. This will assist me in my research. The information I have is vague as far as the birth land of the ancestors. The geological area includes France, Germany, Wales, Italy and a few others of which we are still unsure.

I will reply soon. Again, thank you.

your grandparents

flat fingers (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 9:43AM GMT
my grandfather was named SAME ANTONIUS KHOURY [changed to coury-nobody could spell khoury i guess]. he had a sister named haifa and a couple of other brothers [zehe and bill] and at least one other sister[laura]. they were all from lebanon[oh really]. immigrated c.1906 through ellis. one sister [laura] to australia one brother to points unknown[zehe] and other brother [bill, plus parents] to US [includes haifa--they called her eva]. some moved to texas but eventually all to redondo beach ca.area [where they still are. grandpa and siblings were forced to leave lebanon at the end of the ottoman empire for fear of execution [if you know about the ottomans and their concerns over entrenched lebanese business peoples, you know why--there were at least six levels in their house in lebanon]. will dig out the bible [grandpa's family was greek orthodox]if you would like. pleasse advise, also, please write back if you can add anything.

Peters - Monroe, Ga

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 5:28PM GMT
I am related to Monroe (Walton Co) and Morgan Co., Ga Peters. I have Carolyn Peters
in my line.

Re: PETERS

Elmer K. Bell (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2004 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
My part of the family that were Peters, came from Germeny about mid or lettle later 1800's they were all at eht ime I knew of them in Ohio and Pa. I do have a picture of 4 Peters sisters it is very old but I can send a copy it you would like it.
I now live in Washtingon state (I am an old retired Navy man)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions