Search for content in message boards

KRUSZELNICKI(?) HELP ME PLEASE!

KRUSZELNICKI(?) HELP ME PLEASE!

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 4:51PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Hi,

I am desperate to find out more information on my family. My dad's name is Thomas Vallance, and his father's name is Antoni Kruszelnicki. He came over from the Ukrane we think in 1928. He was marred to Anna/Anne Sawchuck(? spelling of last name may not be correct). He was a farmer in Saskatchewan and had at least 14 children. Antoni (Anthony?) moved to Toronto where he worked in a carpet factory for a while, and then moved to St. Catharines and worked at the General Hospital as a janitor for several years. I would like to find where he is buried, and I am desperate. My dad, Tom, never really got to know his family, and he would like to find out when Antoni (his father) left Canada and went back to the Ukraine, and where he was burried. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I am the only daughter of Tom Vallance, and he was the youngest son of Antoni, and I don't know hardly anyone in my family. I know that my dad had mostly sisters (I believe they were Mary, Olga, Tilly, and seven others) and three brothers (Peter, Bill, and Mike- of which Peter is dead). If anyone knows how I can get ahold of farmland records in Saskatchewan, or get military records (Peter was in the military) or adoption records from the Catholic churches, I would be so grateful, and it would mean a lot to me and my father.

thanks
Marcedes Vallance (aka Kruszelnicki)

Re: KRUSZELNICKI(?) HELP ME PLEASE!

Posted: 13 Oct 2007 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query

There are two Antoni's immigrating to Canada. These records can be found thru Canadian Archives. Examining the original ship manifest should provide you w/exact place of origin. Once you know the village name, you can write the regional/obast archives for a copy of his death certificate.

Surname: Kruszelnicki
Given Name: Antoni
Sex: M
Nationality: Pol
Date of Arrival: 1928/05/19 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of Arrival: Quebec
Ship: MONTCLARE, Canadian Pacific
Volume: 1928 volume 5
Page Number: 18C
Microfilm reel: T-14742

Surname: Kruszelnicki
Given Name: Antoni
Sex: M
Nationality: Pol
Date of Arrival: 1928/05/26 (YYYY/MM/DD)
Port of Arrival: Halifax
Ship: ARABIC, White Star
Volume: 1928 volume 9
Page Number: 74
Microfilm reel: T-14815

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/archivianet/immigration-1...

Keep in mind that what is Ukraine today was under Reconstituted Poland from 1919-1939, therefore Antoni is listed as Polish citizen.

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 1:55PM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the tips. I actually did see that there were two Antoni's listed in the immigration listings, and I am just trying to gather information from my dad that would indicate when Antoni was born. Orignally my dad said he was born in 1898, which would mean that he would have arrived in Quebec, however my dad thought that he arrived in Halifax, so that would change things. I will definitely try to find out for sure. Thanks for the suggestions...I really want to find out more about my grandfather.

Thanks
Marcedes

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: kruszelnicki
looking for lost family. my name is joseph kruzelnick 43 years old. my great grandfather was anton kruszelnicki. he immigrated from poss. austria or hiedelberg germany in the early 1900s to new york. his parents poss. from ukraine. i was told as child i had family in canada, one a orthodox priest the others mink farmers. in 43 years ive never met or herd of another person in this area, new jersey with either of these spellings. any help would be greatly helpful. probable family member joey

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 1:05PM GMT
Hello,

That is interesting that you say that your great grandfather was named Anton Krushelnicki. I have always wondered if there are others who are related to me, however I am not sure if we (in particular) have the same family. My grandfather had about 11 children (+ 3 who died). He and his wife Anna came over from the Ukraine in 1928 and docked in Quebec. They moved out west to Saskatchewan and farmed until around or during the second world war, when they moved to Toronto. The children's (english) names are: Tilly, Rose, Mary, Olga, Tommy, Bill(William), Peter, Michael, and I can't remember the rest at this point. I am not sure if they are related to anyone listed above. I also have a possible relation to the Sawchucks (spelling?). Let me know if you have any ancestors from Saskatchewan area or Toronto area with the last name Kruszelnicki. Thanks, and good luck.

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: kruszelnicki
thank you so much for the reply. i will se my grandmother, wife of joseph who was son of anton during holidays. info will be hard since she is 89 & sufferd a stroke years ago. antons daughter jean also died, so surviving info is limited to my father & his sister, my 5 brothers & my 3 children. interesting fact; antons wife also named anna, maiden name either frek or friech. grandmother also has picture of anton in austrian army uniform from eroupe wearing helmet with point on top . his age could be as young as 15. if we have any relation, i suspect we might, it would be pre 1900s, from ukraine austria. my research shows area included ukrainian, bavarian, russian, roman rule, hungarian & polish. thank you again & i will reply if any info on saskatchewan or toronto relatives. happy holidays joseph

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 11:41PM GMT
Thanks for the information! I'll try and find out more about my family's history as well! Keep in touch!
Marced

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: krushel
Surname Krushelnytsky (Kruszelnicki etc.) comes from the name of the village Krushelnytcya (Skole, Lviv, Ukraine).
In turn, the name of the village comes from the name of the river (river breaks (crushes) its banks).
First owner of that village, lord emblem of Sas, got its name Krushelnytsky as a sign of ownership.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:12PM GMT
Hello...i'm not looking for the same family name but just wondering if anyone has heard of the name kowarczyk...this is my husband's family and we cannot find any info on how they came over...they came from the same areas as your people and we too are desperate for anything...for my own family who are from saskatchewan i looked on the saskatchewan geneaological website...it helped me alot....thanks so much...this such an awesome site.

Re: KRUSZELNICKI(?) HELP ME PLEASE! KOWARCZYK

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: KOWARCZYK
Hi, It is Best to post a Separate message if your Research is a different family line. rather than attach to the original message.

Post an individual message - with as much info names etc
SURNAME in Capital Letters on the Subject Line- attracts attention - Given names are also important - ages if possible.

Where did the KOWARCZYK family settle when they arrived.

When did the family arrive ?

Did your husbands father ? KOWARCZYK make application for Naturalization/Citizenship?
Should show port and date of departure - port and date of arrival - Names of parents including maiden name of the mother - etc

Post more information that could help others help you.

If the family is in Saskatchewan - Have you posted to the Saskatchewan Message Board or Mail List.

Have you searched Our Roots/Nos Racines - online
Family may have submitted family history/ stories to a local history book project

Cheers, Stella

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions