JOHN HOGAN & wife SUSAN, Cork, Ireland to NB Canada

JOHN HOGAN & wife SUSAN, Cork, Ireland to NB Canada

Tracy Cavanaugh (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2006 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hogan, Donovan, Furlong
Hello,
My Hogan family is my brick wall.
My 3x great grandparents were JOHN HOGAN and his wife SUSAN.
I know nothing about their siblings, parents, grandparents, birth dates, birth locations, maiden name of Susan, etc.

The following is what my grandfather knew about his family:

John Hogan and his wife Susan were born in Cork county, Ireland. They married in Cork county, Ireland. Their family was Catholic.

Approximately in 1818, John Hogan & Susan moved from Ireland to NB.

They eventually settled in the Renous, Blackville, Quarryville areas, Northumberland County, NB.

7 children of John Hogan & Susan:

Patrick Hogan (b 1821) married Mary Singleton
Michael Hogan
Edward Hogan
John Hogan (perhaps died as an infant)
Eliza Hogan
James Hogan
John William Hogan (b 1826) married Anne Donovan (b 1827)

Parents, grandparents, siblings of Anne Donovan unknown?

John William Hogan & Anne Donovan
Marriage June 23, 1853 Renous, NB.

6 Children of John William Hogan & Anne Donovan:

Ellen Hogan (b 1855). 1 child with last name Doyle.
Mary Ann Hogan (b 1858)
Ann Hogan (b 1862) married Robert Mansville. 1 child.
Timothy Hogan (b 1864) married Mary Manderville. 3 children
Patrick Hogan (b 1871)

John William Hogan (b 1 April 1860) married Jane Sarah June Furlong (29 November 1870)
Marriage 8 July 1889 in Renous, NB. Had 9 children.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: JOHN HOGAN & wife SUSAN, Cork, Ireland to NB Canada

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Hogan, peter
Hi, not sure if this is a connect, but Ihave just found Peter Hogan, married Ellen Carney Moganty, 2nd marriage for her, m 12/28/1902 in Boston. Peter was born in Petersville, nb, canada. He must have adopted Ellen's daughter, cuz on the next census, he had a daughter, mary and a son, charles, & lived in S Boston. Peter's parents were charles hogan and catherine gerrety. Plse let me know if this is a connect. thanks Maureen

Tracy Cavanaugh (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2006 12:40AM GMT
Hi Maureen,
Thanks for responding. How is you Charles Hogan related to John Hogan? Perhaps a brother?
Susan's last name may be Palmer.
Did you know the last name of Susan.
Tracy

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hogan, Furlong, Donovan
Wow you helped fill in alot of blanks, you can take a look at my family tree. I have alot of it filled in for you.

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 7:47PM GMT
Hi Gene,
My mother Glenna Hogan and myself would be interested in the family tree information you have. My email is tracycavanaugh@hotmail.com
By the way, did you attend the Hogan / Donovan reunion in Moncton about four year ago.
Tracy

Gene Hogan Family Tree: John HOGAN & Susan Palmer, Cork, Ireland to NB Canada

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:18AM GMT
Hello Gene,

I would like to look at your family tree that you created. The hogan side has been my brick wall.

I am the person (aka Tracy or MasonShawna) that you had messaged on September 20, 2007. My email is tracycavanaugh@hotmail.com.

I emailled you at gene.hogan1@rogers.com but I did not receive a response. Hope you get this message.

Please email me the Hogan family tree (John Hogan and Susan Palmer) that you created. I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Tracy

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:26AM GMT
Hello Gene,

I would like to look at your family tree that you created. The hogan side has been my brick wall.

I am the person (aka Tracy or MasonShawna) that you had messaged on September 20, 2007. My email is tracycavanaugh@hotmail.com.

I emailled you at gene.hogan1@rogers.com but I did not receive a response. Hope you get this message.

Please email me the Hogan family tree (John Hogan and Susan Palmer) that you created. I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Tracy

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:27AM GMT
Hello Gene,

I emailled you at gene.hogan@rogers.com but I did not receive a response. Hope you get this message.

Thanks
Tracy

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 3:44AM GMT
John hello this is a long lost family member, granddaughter of Walter Hogan, the long lost younger brother of Phil Hogan was hoping you could contact me for more info...
Carissa Stone

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 3:44AM GMT
John hello this is a long lost family member, granddaughter of Walter Hogan, the long lost younger brother of Phil Hogan was hoping you could contact me for more info...
Carissa Stone
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions