Search for content in message boards

RE: Gridgeman family

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2003 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Gridgeman
My name is Alan John Gridgeman I am from the New Zealand Gridgeman's My father's name is Ronald George Gridgeman, Dothorthy Smith nee Gridgeman is my fathers sister.
I have been under the impression that there were no more of us out there apart from my immediate family. I will check back with my family in NZ and post further imformation as it comes to hand.
The ninth child of James and Mary Gridgeman was Jessie who had a daughter called May, from which I have a written account of her grandmother's Mary (Felton) time with and after James' Death in NZ..

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 1:01PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2013 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: GRUDGMAN,GRIDGMAN
Dear Alan

I have recently sent a whole history (as I have been able to piece together) of the GRUDGMAN/GRIDGMAN connection to a lady named Irene Bell in New Zealand, although I have not received a response.

GRUDGMAN was the maiden name of a many times great grandmother (off hand I just cannot recall how many greats). It is a VERY unusual surname & seems, in the mid-nineteenth century to have changed the central vowle letter, hence the difference. I can make a connection with New Zealand, but have yet to have it verified.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my personal email if you would like to know more.

Re: RE: Gridgeman family

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 8:41AM GMT
Hi. Mary Ann Gridgeman (nee Fenton)was my great-great-grandmother. I am descended from her first child George. I would be very interested in the information you have about Mary and James' early life here in NZ.
Do you know what happened to Mary's brothers and sisters in Wisbech? I know Thomas came to NZ with his family much later than James and Mary Ann.
I would love to trade information.
Irene

Re: Gridgeman family

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 5:52AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2013 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Fenton, Gridgeman
Hi my name is Anthony Fenton son of Roy fento son of george jesse fenton son of Goerge and Mary Anne Fenton, why did he change his name to Fenton and what is this myth i keep hearing about the Gridgmans coming from germany?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions