Search for content in message boards

Alexander's from Hungary

Alexander's from Hungary

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2000 4:00PM GMT
Irving Albert Alexander was born in NY 1902. Parents were Jonas an Sadie Jewish immigrants from Hungary.

Rely if you have similar information. Thanks.

Re: Alexander's from Hungary

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 7:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Sep 2002 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: ALEXANDER, ROSNER, ROSENBAUM, KLEIN, FISCHER, PERESZLENYI, SPINNER
I have several ALEXANDERS from Hungary and from a Jewish line...

Mor ALEXANDER (d. 1917/8) m. Ilona ROSENBAUM

Their Children are:

1. Roszi ALEXANDER (b. Jan 10, 1900, Bekescaba; d. Oct 23, 1923 in childbirth - had daughter Barbara "Babu" SPINNER) m. Joseph SPINNER?

2. Irene ALEXANDER (b. May 31, 1909 d. Oct 1975) m. Joseph SPINNER & raised niece Barbara - after Joseph died, married Tibor JANKAY - lived in California, USA after leaving Hungary

3. Magda ALEXANDER (b. 1901/2 Bekescsaba, HU; d. 1917/8 in flu epidemic)

4. Laszlo ALEXANDER (b. Oct 30 1903 Bekescsaba, HU; d. Feb 1943) m. Margit ROSNER (Two children, Eva & Gyorgy)

5. - 7.+ More, yet Unknown children

Perhaps there is a match - let me know if you have more info...

Adina Alexander

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:40AM GMT
I am also searching for Alexanders from Hungary. Grandfather: Franz Gabriel Alexander born 1891, had 6 sibs and one who died in infancy. I was named for her. Others were Magda, Erzebeth, Paul, Borbola, and Lila. Parents Bernard Alexander and Regina Broessler. His parents were Mor/Maurice Alexander and Julie Klein. Bernard was first of 6 or 7 with sibs Rosalie, Lena, Caroline, Phillip and others. Could we be related? Are any of yours descended from these? All lived in Budapest initially. My g grandfather was first of all those sibs and born 1850. I grew up in Calif and was born in Chicago.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: ALEXANDER ROSENBAUM SCHWARTZ
It is possible, especially if your ALEXANDER family is Jewish. My great-grandfather Mor ALEXANDER and his wife Ilona ROSENBAUM lived in Bekescaba while they had their children and later his son Laszlo lived in Budapest, but I do not know if he had a wife before Ilona or if Mor lived previously in Budapest.

I do know that he was born around 1874 in Szarvas and died in the 1917/8 flu epidemic. Possibly, Mor's parents were Zsigmond ALEXANDER (b. 1844) and Rebeka SCHWARTZ (b. 1851), but I haven't fully confirmed that.

At the very least, we might be cousins, Ilonka!

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 11:15AM GMT
Hi there. My family was Jewish and my g grandfather was a professor of Philosophy at U of Budapest. He denied his Jewishness in order to keep his university appointment. I just found out about it 2-3 yrs ago. My grandfather emigrated to the US in 1930 and founded the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis. Was the first student of the Berlin Psychoanalytic. Everyone in Chicago knew he was Jewish, but nobody talked about it. I never knew. My mother never knew. Great lies and deception. My email is ilonka300@gmail.com.....perhaps you can write me there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic