Search for content in message boards

1979 Obituary

1979 Obituary

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Is there anyone who can help me find an obituary? My grandmother died in Lake Charles in 1979. Apparently the only place you can find the archives is at the University, which is quite a ways from my home in Pittsburgh. Here is the information that I have:

Barbara Jean Williams Deibert Freeman. Deibert was first marriage, Freeman was second. She was born in the 1930s and died in a house fire in 1979 (November or December.) Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I can only find one record that said she was ever alive!

Re: 1979 Obituary

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've checked the front page and the obits of the Lake Charles American Press, November and December, 1979, and found nothing on your grandmother, Barbara Jean Williams Deibert Freeman. If you would like to search the archives of the LCAP, check their website at http://www.americanpress.com For a $10.00 charge per month, you can have access to the archived papers. Also available is a "day pass". Check the website for details.

Good luck in your research,
Maude Ann Gilmore

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 8:58PM GMT
Post 2: Based on the death date posted, I found the following article concerning the fire and death. It can be accessed at http://epaper.americanpress.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VEFQLz... If you are unable to view it, please contact me off-list at mabg42 at gmail dot com.
Maude Ann Gilmore

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 11:21PM GMT
Please send me your email and I can attach a link to the newspaper article concerning Ms FREEMAN's death.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 12:03AM GMT
Sorry, I didn't see that someone else contacted you about the article. I've looked for the obit, but can't find one for her. Strange! But if there was no relative locally or if finances were a question, an obit may not have been affordable for the family at the time of death. :o(

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 2:43AM GMT
That is her. Thank you so much.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions