Search for content in message boards

Farrants in Suffolk...Cavendish...Stoke by Clare

Farrants in Suffolk...Cavendish...Stoke by Clare

Posted: 25 May 2004 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone else descend from the Farrants in this area of England?

My father is from West Ham Croydon Road Plaistow...one of 11 children born to Alfred James b.1885 and Ida Catherine Giles b.1891...

I have traced back to William b.1798 married to Jemima Golding b.1805 whose name I have seen mentioned on here along with the Ashmans, George, b.1816 who married Jemimas daughter Charlotte in1848.

Can anyone throw any light on Williams father...I have it as Daniel FARRANCE b.about 1772 married to a Sarah Wells.....

Has anyone else come across the unusual spelling, it appeared for just one generation!

I have Daniels father as John b.circa 1738 possibly married to Martha Graigoose....they had 13 children, so lots of us must descend from them.

Does anyone know who Johns father was? Was it Mark b.1714 and married to Joan Cridland? I need to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN on this. If so I can go back to mid 1500's for sure and would be happy to share with others.

Thanks
Stephen

Re: Farrants in Suffolk...Cavendish...Stoke by Clare

JOHN LEE (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2004 8:28PM GMT
Stephen,
I am also descended from this same family. Contact me at jlee@a-s-h if you want to exchange gedcom files.
Regards,
John Lee

Cheryl Polzin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2004 5:42AM GMT
Surnames: Farrance
My great great great aunt Sarah Theobald marrried David Farrance at Foxearth, Essex, England and there children from 1859-1874, there names are William David born 1859-1861, Thomas Theobald Farrance born 1861 William David born 1865, John born 1865, Mark born 1867, Barnabas born 1874, I don't know if that the end of the family as I have not seen the 1901 census

Posted: 3 Oct 2004 9:05AM GMT
My gt gt grandfather was David Farrance married to Sarah Theobald - Foxearth - Son Mark is my gt grandfather - whose daughter Ada -my grandmother - any info exchange would be helpful - Sally Kelly

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 12:00AM GMT
David Farrance was my great grandfather. My grandfather was William David. He moved to the US in the early 1920's. My father was Fred Farrance, son of William David and Ann Oakley. He moved to the US in the 1930's.
Mark and William David were brothers.

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 2:52PM GMT
John Lee
I am also descendant of the Farrance ( My mother was a Farrance). I have information upto the 1911 Census,also infomation later than this relating to my own relations.

John. A

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 11:04AM GMT
John...I think we have 'met' before!
I now have my line back to George Farrance b 1745 Stoke by Clare married to Sarah Wright on 27 Oct 1782. 5 children.
The research was done for me at Bury records office.
His father was George Farrant either married to or living with Elizabeth. (source IGI)
regard
Steve

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Farrant, Farrance, Midson
Myrtle,
i am not currently subscribing to Ancestry so I don't know if this message or any reply from you will get through but my e mail is steve.gratze@btinternet.com. I live in Essex, England and most of my research is in that county: I only get to Suffolk Records about once a year.
One of my ancestors was a Robert Midson who married Martha Farrant or Farrence in 1760 at Stoke by Clare. So far I have found only few details of the earlier Farrants so would appreciate any data you can send. However,SEAX, the Essex Records Office web site has a viewable image of a deed relating to the early Farrants at Stoke by Clare that might be of interest - let me know if you can't navigate to it by 'SEAX' and 'Midson'.
Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic