Search for content in message boards

William Henry Gregory 1780 va

William Henry Gregory 1780 va

Lori Godfrey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gregory, Queen
I am looking for info and family connected to William Henry Gregory of Va in 1780 married to the Daughter of Charles Queen (MacQueen)and Mary Haley . She was Sarah H. Queen. They had several children. But I have found very little on William Henry Gregory and where he was from. Any help would be great. Your friend, Lori :)

William Henry Gregory

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2002 1:59AM GMT
Hi,

Do you know where in VA he was born and if he had a brother named Thomas?

Thanks
Robbie

Re: William Henry Gregory 1780 va

LORI GODFREY (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2001 7:43PM GMT
MY NAME IS MARCEL AND WILLIAM HENRY GREGORY, HUSBAND OF SARAH QUEEN, WAS MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT MARCEL1222@MSN.COM.

Re: William Henry Gregory

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Gregory
I don't know much about him. I have got an email from another person off this line. So maybe he might know. I know that the Queen line was Scottish and changed there name to clam land in america . They dropped the Mac to just Queen . They were in the English service. So it is possible that she married another line that may also have been scottish. I know i am working on two lines of Gregories (Gregory's ) here before the revolution. I have not found my line connection yet. My line stops in 1850 I can't get mine connected to any of the lines here in Va and Pa at the time or farther back. I know there is a story in my line that one brother stayed here and one went south. I don't know much more on my line. The Father to my William Henry Gregory line was dead by 1850 census and his wife Sarah was the only one living. That is why I am looking into the Sarah Queen and William H. Gregory line. My clan think that there is to big of a gap for this William H. to be the father of my William H. Gregory. But I have found at least one brother and one sister living near by in 1850 . I think he was the baby. One of the last born. I would be happy to work with you on this. I am working on many different lines untill I find my connection.
Your Friend, Lori

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 5:50AM GMT
I am working on two lines of Gregories (Gregory's ) here before the revolution. I have not found my line connection yet. My line stops in 1850 I can't get mine connected to any of the lines here in Va and Pa at the time or farther back. I know there is a story in my line that one brother stayed here and one went south. I don't know much more on my line. The Father to my William Henry Gregory line was dead by 1850 census and his wife Sarah was the only one living. That is why I am looking into the Sarah Queen and William H. Gregory line. My clan think that there is to big of a gap for this William H. to be the father of my William H. Gregory. But I have found at least one brother and one sister living near by in 1850 . I think he was one of the last born. I would be happy to work with you on this. My great grandfather William Henry Gregory was born in 12/25/1832. in 1850 Sarah was living with her daughter Elizabeth Gregory b. 1818 who married Clemet Norman.. In 1860 she was living next door to Clemet Norman and was listed as head of her own house. Jasper Gregory was living with her listed as son. born 1820. It lists her as a tailoress. She was living next door with my great grandfather William Henry Gregory and his new wife Elizabeth Ann Simmons in 1860. So The daughter was on one side and the son was on the other with her in the middle. So the census reading goes. I have 7 children by this marriage so far. How many do you have for William H. Gregory and Sarah H. Queen. Email me and we can talk more.
Your Friend, Lori

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: gregory, hall, faris
Lori, we might be connected. i have a john h. gregory b 1863 married to susan faris. his father was john gregory b 1811 married to martha hall b. 1821. johns were in Va, with john h. being born there.

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 6:03AM GMT
My GGGGD was James Henry Gregory, born June 27, 1801 in VA. Birth place based on census info. He moved to Alabama c1835 and married Sarah George in 1836. Sarah's family had moved to AL prior and James followed her. Sarah only lived 3 months after the marriage. James subsequently married Sarah Aria Holden in Tallapoosa County, AL. The oldest son of James and Sarah was William Henry Gregory, born 1847. Other children of James and Sarah were Virginia, John, Sarah (Sallie), Aria Ellen, Mary Matilda, Correna, James, Jackson Lee, Early Greathouse, and Susan.

I have been looking for James Henry Gregory's family for several years. I cannot find anything prior to his arrival in AL other than the birth place on the census. Please contact me if any of this information appears to tie in with your William Henry Gregory line.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 7:46PM GMT
Lori - I was just wondering if you had found any more info re William H Gregory. My GG Grandfather was a William Henry Gregory, born in Alabama in 1847. His father was James Henry Gregory, born in Virginia in 1801. William Henry was James Henry's oldest son. Could these men be related to the Gregory's you are researching? I have not been able to trace James Henry any further back. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: MacQueen, Queen
Hi Lori,

Can you please share with me your source for establishing the MacQueen as being of Scottish decent? My grandfather has traced our Family back to Charles MacQueen who was granted 1400 acres in West Virgina by the king of England. However because there are MacQueens in both Ireland and Scotland we have not established if he was Scottish or Irish. We just know he dropped the Mac to Queen in order to join the British Army.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:29PM GMT
I have been searching my Irish and Scottish genealogy for many years. I have found that the Irish use MC and the Scots use MAC and then you have the Scots that went to Irland and there is a mix of Scot/Irish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic