their children were
Christopher C.(my father), John W., Samuel,
James, Edward, Pearl, Annie and Mayme.
According to the stories handed down from
my uncle Jim (who died at 73 nearly 50 years
ago and a cousin whom we called Aunt Bessie
who passed away at 103 about 5 years ago,
the family migrated here from Scotland,two
brothers. settled around Morrisons Cove, Mass., migrated on into Virginia, then one brother and family toward Ky. and Ohio and the other south.
Researching the Songer surname gives some
good leads to the Morrisons.
John Wayne was a kinsman...real name Marion
Morrison and Chuck Woolery...his mother was
a Songer.

Morrisons in Ohio?

Posted: 24 Feb 2001 9:27AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:24PM GMT
Hi,I saw your connection to Morrison name in Ohio. I am at a dead end finding info on my greatgrandfather George R Morrison. I have traced him in Indianapolis from abt 1877 to 1911 when I beleive he died there. Census reports indicated he was born in Ohio and his father was born in Pennslyvania.
George R was born 1846 but I don't know where in Ohio.
Any chance you have some connection or can share information?
If there's any indication of more info, I'd be happy to share the specifics I have on him.
Thanks
Bob Morrison
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 9:56PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:32AM GMT
My paternalggrandmother was Katherine Morrison and family legend has it that John Wayne was 3rd cous. to either my father or gfather. I know the look you talk about. I have an old pic. of Katherine and her sister and Lydia Jane Wilson a sis in law. I am a Wilson of Pittsburgh birth. Sue
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:32AM GMT
My paternalggrandmother was Katherine Morrison and family legend has it that John Wayne was 3rd cous. to either my father or gfather. I know the look you talk about. I have an old pic. of Katherine and her sister and Lydia Jane Wilson a sis in law. I am a Wilson of Pittsburgh birth. Sue

PA

Kaylie Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 4:43PM GMT
Hey! I am a Morrison from PA! I think we might have a connection! Do you know what The R. stood for? Perhaps Ross! Thanks Kaylie

PA's Morrisons

Kaylie Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 4:43PM GMT
Hey! I am a Morrison from PA! I think we might have a connection! Do you know what The R. stood for? Perhaps Ross! Thanks Kaylie

George R Morrison?

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 5:15AM GMT
Connection, you don't know how great that'd be.... I've been searching for George R. Morrison for a long time.
I don't know what the R stood for.
What information do you have?
Bob Morrison

George R Morrison

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 5:17AM GMT
Send me your email address and I'll attach a word file on what I know so far.
Thanks
Bob

bob morrison

Kaylie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 7:42AM GMT
Hi! Well I know he is still alive and he lives in Blairsville, PA , but he was born in Huntingdon, PA. He is in his late 50's! Do you know of any James or Burton's! Thanks! Kaylie

Morrison Genealogy

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 5:47AM GMT
check out the Morrison Genealogy on
http://violetsky.com/roots/MorrisonBook/ I know theres alot of Georges etc. in this family. Its the history of Granville Price Morrison and shows the coat of arms etc. Its 61 pages long so check it out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic