Search for content in message boards

Dennis Springer of Union Co., SC (m. Margaret Goforth)

Dennis Springer of Union Co., SC (m. Margaret Goforth)

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I only have a couple of minutes right now, but this just couldn't wait. We now have proof that Dennis Springer (m. Margaret/Peggy Goforth) is of the same SPRINGER line as his suspected brothers, Ezekiel Sr and Aaron, all of Union Co., SC. This Dennis is NOT of the same SPRINGER line as Christopher SPRINGER of Sweden NOR any of his sons including Charles SPRINGER who settled in Delaware.

I STILL need to find a descendent of Jonathan, another of these suspected brothers, to test. It would be really nice to be able to tie them all together. Then there is the question of who the early Thomas Springer of SC was. Another brother? A son of one of the 'brothers'? Or another line.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, please email me. I will be able to answer any questions tonight.

take care,

melissa springer robards

Re: Dennis Springer of Union Co., SC (m. Margaret Goforth)

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: SPRINGER
Is this the Aaron SPRINGER, b. 1781, d. 1852/1853, who was married to Ruth LITTLE, Susannah BELEW and Hester SPRINGER(?)?

If so, I'd love to get further information on this family as he is my 4th great grandfather, and I have no information about his parents, siblings, etc.

I would also be willing to share what I have on Aaron's descendants if anyone is interested.

Aaron SPRINGER b.c1780Re: Dennis Springer of Union Co., SC (m. Margaret Goforth)

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 5:03PM GMT
Yes, the same Aaron. Please note though that this does not prove that Aaron and Ezekiel and Dennis are actually brothers. Per Ken Doig, there is documentation that Dennis and Ezekiel Sr were brothers, sons of a John Springer. I have no documentation on this myself. What the DNA testing does show is that Aaron, Dennis and Ezekiel Sr, all three previously suspected of being brothers or close cousins, ARE from the same SPRINGER line, giving support to the theory that they are 'suspected' brothers.

And everyone can completely discount any online tree where a connection is made between Christopher and/or Charles SPRINGER (Sweden/Delaware) and the SPRINGER men of Union Co., SC, specifically Dennis, Ezekiel Sr, and Aaron. I would like to be able to add Jonathan to this list.

I also would like to clarify what I stated in the first post of this thread. I did not say that Dennis who married Ann Prickett is the ancestor of Dennis who married Margaret Goforth. But they ARE from the same SPRINGER LINE.

take care,

melissa springer robards

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Springer
Is your Aaron Springer the one in Lawrence Co., TN in 1830 - 1850? My Jonathan Springer (1790 - died between 1860 and 1870) was in Hamilton Co., TN 1850-1860. He was born in Georgia and had children born there up into the late 1830s. Is there a known connection between this Jonathan Springer and Aaron Springer? I have searched many Georgia records but found no clue about parents of my Jonathan. After the Holidays when I have more time I need to try and track down someone in Jonathan's line to do a DNA test. I have a lot of info forward from Jonathan but nothing backward.

Vonda Dihm

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 7:55PM GMT
Vonda, can you post your Jonathan's wife's name? Offhand I'm not familiar with him, but I do have a hard time remembering all the SPRINGERs :) I'd like to take a look around Ancestry and see what might be there on him.

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 8:12PM GMT
Vonda, I know you have seen this tree already, but I'm posting the url so anyone wanting to help look for a living male to DNA test has a starting point:

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=hjackw...

Remember the participant would have to descend from William in a male-only direct line.

take care,

melissa

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 9:27PM GMT
Thanks Melissa. Yes, I found all those Lincoln Co., TN Chancery Court records many many years ago in the courthouse in Lincoln Co., TN. I have since gathered every known piece of info on the family in Georgia, Tennessee and Arkansas but I am now no closer to solving the problem of William's grandfather and Jonathan's father than I was then!. Some Springer info in the family Bible muddied the waters even more. Some Springers listed there can't be identified.

I have paid for DNA tests for individuals in 3 of my other lines and I am hoping to find a descendant of William Springer who is interested enough to finance their own test! Otherwise my husband may soon decide my hobby is too expensive! :-). As is the case with most of us I think whatever the expense it is worth it. If I stopped to calculate all I have spent in the last 30+ years I might change my mind!

Out there somewhere I know there is a male carrying the Springer name who descends from William and I just need to start beating the bushes looking for him. If anyone finds him first please let me know.

Vonda Fairbanks Dihm

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 9:50PM GMT
Sorry Melissa, I forgot to answer you question about Jonathan Springer's wife. All I know is that his first wife was Martha who was born ca 1782 in Georgia. She evidently died between 1850 and 1860 because in 1860 Jonathan is shown on the 1860 Hamilton Co., TN census with new wife Nancy born ca ca 1823 in North Carolina.

Vonda

Posted: 1 Dec 2007 9:59PM GMT
Whoops! Typo! Martha was born ca 1792 not 1782.

Re: Aaron SPRINGER b.c1780Re: Dennis Springer of Union Co., SC (m. Margaret Goforth)

Posted: 5 Dec 2007 3:36AM GMT
Melissa, do you have a gedcom with your Springer lines information? I would like to know how your related to the Springer line directly.
Jeanitta Hickingbottom
moonshadow4ever@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions