Search for content in message boards

Belvedere Apartment Hotel

Belvedere Apartment Hotel

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Continuing to seek anecdotal history about the Belvedere Apartment Hotel on 29 South State in Salt Lake City. Also seeking photos of the interior if possible.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness; but please do not write about the Shipler Collection. I am well aware of that resource.

Re: Belvedere Apartment Hotel

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 2:37AM GMT
It's not an apartment or hotel. It's BELVEDERE CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION.

Still in good condition and still occupied to this day.

Security is tight.

http://www.belvedereslc.com/home.html

and the building to the north used to house city library then a planetarium and it is being restored to first glory, to be occupied by the O. C. Tanner Company.

You can contact the management direct through above link.

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 4:28AM GMT
Yes. I am aware it is now a condominium. That use did not come until much later. However, it was built originally as an apartment hotel with both overnight guests and long term guests. I have extracted the residents from both 1920 and 1930 census records and city directories which included ads for the Belvedere as an apartment-hotel. I have interviewed a granddaughter of an early manager as well as others who had connection with this apartment hotel in earlier times.

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 4:39AM GMT
Bascially it is same thing.

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 4:40AM GMT
Bascially it is same thing.

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 9:08PM GMT
Lois,
Unrelated to this. Check your 2005 posting on Spotsylvania Co,, VA board

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 6:38PM GMT
My mother Alyce Stephenson lived and worked at the Belvedere Apartment Hotel in 1937 while she attended Henagar Business College. She worked evenings as desk clerk and part time elevator operator. I have a couple of pictures of her standing on top of the Hotel.

Gordon

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 2:00AM GMT
Thank you for sharing this information. This is very interesting. Did she ever tell you or the family any of her experiences while working at the Belvedere? Could I receive a copy of the photos of her. Why would she be standing on top of the hotel? If you are willing, I would like a copy of a photo (to add to the history) of her around the time she was working at the Belvedere. lj.jazzartsy@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions