Search for content in message boards

Jan Willem vanTuil and Berendina vanderweerd

Jan Willem vanTuil and Berendina vanderweerd

Posted: 14 Sep 2007 6:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: vanTuil and vanderweerd
Is there any one that recognizes these surnames? Came to US in 1957 from the Netherlands. They have family still in the Netherlands. I have just started my search for these surnames so please help. Thank you. Cin765@hotmail.com

Re: Jan Willem vanTuil and Berendina vanderweerd

Posted: 14 Sep 2007 8:49AM GMT
Hello,

It's also important to know the children of this couple (ancestry.com)
1. Berendina
2. Willemina A.
3. Cornelis
4. Jan W(illem)

Do you know when Jan Willem and Berendina were born? The name Van der Tuil is common in the "Betuwe" a region between the rivers Rhine, Waal and Maas (province Gelderland). Van der Weerd can be found in all regions of the Netherlands (www.genlias.nl).

Freddy

Posted: 15 Sep 2007 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: vanTuil
Jan was b. 1909. Close to the town of Tiel. Berendina was b. 1916. Both in the Netherlands. Jan's father died around 1940 or before. His mother died in 1958. But source can not remember her name. Thank you for any info you might have or find. Cindy

Posted: 15 Sep 2007 1:02PM GMT
Hello Cindy,

It's difficult. I tried www.genlias.nl. I searched for couples that were married around 1900. I found Cornelis van Tuil and Leentje Honders (his parents: Cornelis and Maria, her parents: Jan Willem and Klasina. for more details see www.genlias.nl, english version available) and Arie van Tuil and Willemina Helena van Gessel (his parents: Anthonie and Jenneke, her parents: Cornelis and Janna Cornelia). On the internet I found a Jan Willem van Tuil (google) on http://www.stamboomonderzoek.com/fvtuil/pedigree.php?personI... . Click on Jan Willem van Tuil and on the next side on "Gezinsblad". The couple Van Tuil-Honders had four children: Cornelis, Jan Willem, Marinus and Klasina. Most of the times, children were named after grandparents or other relatives. Is it a coincidence, that Jan Willem and Berendina had two sons named Jan Willem and Cornelis?
Frans van Tuil has published a Van Tuil-genealogy on the Internet: http://vantuil.topcities.com/. Maybe he can help you: fvtuil@orange.nl

Freddy

Re: Jan Willem vanTuil and Berendina Van Der Weerd

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Van Tuil
Thank you very much. I am sure this is the same family of my brother-in-law. His name is Cornelis VAN TUIL, Arnhem, Netherlands. His father, Mother and 2 sisters immigrated to USA in 1957. He was only 16 and doesn't remember much of his family. So this will make him happy.

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: TUIL, KAMPMAN & NOBLE
I have a John Cornelius Tuil married to Margaret Kampman living in Kossuth Co, IA in 1910. Their daughter Tanna Johnson Tuil married William H Noble and they had two daughters, Harriet Margaret Noble and Willimeena Harriet Noble both born in Minnesota (MN birth records).
John Cornelius Tuil born abt 1874 (where??) died 16 Sep 1963 Todd Co, MN and Margaret born abt 1876 died 26 Nov 1941 Todd Co, MN.
Quite a few family records on Tuil in Minnesota. Also Edward S Noble, a brother of William H Noble, married to Grace Tuil but not sure of her parents. Both William H & Edward S Noble were living in Todd Co, MN in 1930 census.
Would like to hear from any Tuil family members.

Posted: 27 Sep 2011 10:18PM GMT
I am the grand daughter of Grace TUIL (married to EDWARD NOBLE)Her parents John and Margaret TUIL came over 1st March 1905 on the, ships name KAISER WILHELM DER GROSSE
I know they came from Simmonswolde, Germany

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 6:45PM GMT
Hi Cindy,

I just send an e-mail to your hotmail account. I have some information for you about Jan Willem van Tuil. My father is a nephew of Cornelis van Tuil

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:51PM GMT
Hi Cindy,

A few months ago I read your posting on the Van Tuil family on the Ancestry.com site. I replied to you as my father is a nephew of Cornelis van Tuil. Could you tell me more about Cornelis. I can also give him or you more information about the family in the Netherlands.

Kind regards

Kind regards,

Bernard van Tuil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions