Search for content in message boards

JENKINS, BARKER, FRADY, BROOKS

JENKINS, BARKER, FRADY, BROOKS

Posted: 13 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 7:03PM GMT
I'm researching any JENKINS kin; hoping to untangle "who belongs to who" in this large extended family. If you have any Jenkins relative on your family tree, I'd be interested in hearing from you. Also looking for descendants of Warren BARKER from Swain Co. And all Swain and Jackson Co., NC, FRADYs. Will gladly exchange any information.

Jenkins family

Barbara Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Anderson, Bircfield
My husband's paternal grandparents and great-grandparents came from Bryson City and Swain County in the late 1800's.Thomas Jefferson, Sr married Nancy Jarrett & had a son, Thomas, Jr. who was married to Callie (Jane) Anderson who was a mid-wife. Her father was William(Bill) Anderson and mother was Jane Russell or Limpus(possibly Olympus), who was one half Cherokee. Her father was a full-blooded Cherokee. Thomas Jr. and Callie had a son, Daniel Webster Jenkins, born in Bryson City, on 2-29-1891, worked for Granville Taylor logging and later lived in Mitchell county, NC. He was married to a Della Ball( or Gaddy). We would love to find any additional infor on any of the above, especially documentation.
~~~~~~~~~~

Note:" Email address as posted - Jenkins@M-Y.net - failed as of 12-4-00. --eb

Frady, Barker, Brooks

mary Frady Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Frady, Barker, Brooks
I am from Bryson City, N.C. and have all of the same family names as you.I would love to hear from you.

Re: JENKINS, BARKER, FRADY, BROOKS

robin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 12:30AM GMT
Iam a frady buy birth my father is charles frady his father was worth frady he had 13 childern betty,pauline are just two i can think of right now. also in our familyhistory are the names english and moody

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2003 7:46PM GMT
You haven't told me much about where you or your family are from . . . Are you from Swain or nearby counties in North Carolina? Or are you from some Frady line that left the area? I'd be glad to share what I have on my Frady family line.

robin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:40AM GMT
my grandfather was from swain co. my father said that my grandmother was cherokee and that my grandfather got her off the reservasion im not sure what co. my aunts live but they are still in nc. i will find out where they are from my dad.

Re: Frady, Barker, Brooks

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: BARKER, FRADY, BROOKS, JENKINS
My dad is from Bryson City (we all live in Michigan now) and I'm researching the same surnames you listed!
-- My grandmother was Sarah Lucinda Lula Belle BARKER that married Roy JENKINS.
-- Lula's mother was Mary FRADY, the daughter of William & Sally (COX) FRADY
-- Her father was William Grant BARKER--the out-of-wedlock son of Edith Ellege BROOKS and Warren BARKER; & he had a sister named Mary Magdalene BARKER.
-- Edith first had two children by her husband Humphrey P. BROOKS--Zebulon Vance BROOKS & Emmiline BROOKS (married FRADY
-- Also my first cousin Evelyn JENKINS married Matthew BROOKS
-- And my maiden name was JENKINS
I'd love to compare our connections.

Re: Frady, Barker, Brooks

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2004 2:31PM GMT
My name is Leslie Barker. My grandfather is from Bryson City his name is McKinly Barker. We visit Bryson City every year and decorate the toomb stones of our departed relatives. Grandpa's father's name was Donald Barker, I think I recall him mentioning a relation to a Fannie Barker. I will check with him this weekend when I see him. Please email me and tell me what you think.

Leslie Barker

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins
I have a George Jenkins that married Cora Shuler. They are my great-great grandparents. My email is rpowell@rbxindustries.com

Posted: 13 Nov 2006 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Re: JENKINS, BARKER, FRADY, BROOKS
Don't know if you will read this...I too am a Frady and my Grandfather was Worth Frady from Marion NC or Haywood NC. He was married to Rachel Moody. I know my father Paul Frady had a brother named Charles. I don't know much about the Frady line so anything that you have would be helpful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions