Search for content in message boards

Belgian Surnames

Belgian Surnames

Posted: 5 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2003 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Anciaux, Jadin, Romuald, Renier, Nellis, Bodart, Mercier
I'm hoping to find Belgian relatives who descend from these lines. Some of the lines come from Thorembais St Trond and Grez Doiceau. These families left Belgium in the middle 1850's and came to the Belgian settlements in Brown and Kewaunee Counties in Wisconsin USA. I'd be glad to exchange info.

Re: Belgian Surnames

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 8:33PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2002 3:35PM GMT
Hopeyou get this reply! You posted this message in 1998! Whew! I do have some surnames from Grez, but the only name i matched was Jadin, which, I don't ahve as much info on. This is my mother-in-law's line. If you would like to exchange info, or even see if we can match anything up, please email me!

Melanie
mel-pete@execpc.com

Iris Peppers (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: JADIN
Hi Melanie, Thanks for responding to my posting. Please note my new e-mail address of impeppers@hotmail.com. I would need to know names further back from your mother in law in order to see a connection. My Jadin is from Pietrebais Chapelle Saint Laurent, Brabant Belgium. It seems that most of the Jadin's in the Green Bay and surrounding areas are related. Maybe we can find the connection. Let me know.
Iris
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 8:04PM GMT
Well, all I have is my mother in law's mother, who was Josephine Esther Jadin, who married Raymond Peter Monfils Josephine's parents were Henry Jadin and Louise Delongeville. That's about all I know! I wish I had more for you.

Hopefully this is enough?

Melanie

Re: Jadin

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: JADIN
Hi Melanie, That information may help. Not knowing how old your mother in law is, I do have a Henry Jadin in my file, but don't have his wife's name but do have his parents names, Adolph Jadin and Catherine Hermans, and if this is him then he is a sibling to Julian Jadin who married Josephine Romuald and this is the connection between our lines. Let me dig in my files and see if I have anthing on the wife of this Henry and get back with you. I'm not positive on this, since I don't have any ages to work with from your information. Let me see what I can come up with. Thanks for responding so quickly. Iris

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 9:33AM GMT
Surnames: Jadin, Wautelet, Hermans, Delongville, Montfort
Hi Melanie, Well my digging hit pay dirt! Henry Jadin was the son of Adolph Jadin and Catherine Hermans, Adolph was the brother to my ancestor, Pierre Joseph Jadin who married Josephine Wautelet! The credit for this information need to be given to Robert DuBois, who sent this research to me. I can tell you that Henry Jadin was born in 2 July 1881 and died 24 December 1923. He married Louise Delongville 22 October 1906, who was born 3 August 1884 and she died 4 November 1964. She was born in Thiry Daems WI. After Henry died in 1923, Louise married Eli Monfort in 1949. Henry died of tuberculosis of the bone in Luxemburg WI. They are both buried in St. Mary's Cemetery, Luxemburg WI. The only other information Robert Dubois included was that they had seven children together, one being Elmer Jadin who married Florence Rentmeiser and then later married Helen. Northing more is known about him at this time. Henry's grandparents, our mutual ancestors are: Ghislain Joseph Jadin born 13 October 1779 in Dion le Val, Belgium. He married Marie Joseph Tollet 20 June 1813 in O Lathuy, Belgium. They had 10 children together. Robert DuBois has more information on the line futher back. I've gotten some of the records for the Jadin's from Pietrebais Chapelle St Laurent, Brabant Belgium, but they are not complete. I like to research the line back for myself to make sure everything is correct. I hope this might jog your mother in law's memory? Let me know.
Posted: 9 Aug 2001 5:10PM GMT
Unfortunately I don't know Henry's parents names. My mother in law is Waynette Evans and she is 60 yrs old.Her mother's name was Josephine Esther Jadin who married a Monfils. Josephine's Father was Henry Jadin, and I don't know his date of birth....

PLease keep in touch. I appreciate the help!

melanie
Posted: 9 Aug 2001 5:25PM GMT
YOU ARE THE BEST!!! She is going to love this! Please use my personal email, and keep it as a contact!!
mel-pete@execpc.com

I would love to hear any more you can find and I really appreciate the time! i know what a pain in the butt it can be to search for the billionth name someone has asked for in a day, so I really am so happy you did!!

Any records/info/ h elp you can supply me with would be so great. My mother in law has been waiting for me to find some new info, and beinfg 8+ months pregnant right now, I have been SOOO lazy!

Thank you!!

Keep in touch!!

Melanie R. R. Evans

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 7:52AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2003 8:37PM GMT
Iris:
I have an Alice Harriett Renier born April 23, 1879. She was probably born in Green Bay, WI, area. She lived in Green Bay area in her early years. A step-father became involved. Circa-1890 her family could be located in Jamestown, N.D. Alice married Joseph Benjamin Danner on July 19, 1894, in Jamestown. They had six children. Alice died in Jamestown in 1946. When she moved to Jamestown, she left lots of family behind in Green Bay area. If you have a missing Alice Renier, you can e-mail me. Might be able to come up with a lead on other Reniers in Green Bay area.

Ed

F.D. Collin (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2002 4:10PM GMT
If you are looking about Tollet in Lathuy I can try to find them! I have the Lathuy's tables at home and if you want I can search for you!

Regards,

Frederic D. Collin, Lathuy, Belgium
http://gen.lathuy.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions